So. Cal. Black Hills Well Enduro 1/27

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Click Here

Who is going to be there? The Eel, CPTJack, Placelast, Bretr, Holeshot?

I'll be arriving late Saturday morning and would like to get a ride in before Sunday's race. I need to check the accuracy of my Odo. and figure out how my new GPS unit works.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Tumbs, I`ll be riding somewhere this weekend. What does it take for this ride. Skill, distance of course and cost. Or should I just go to Phelan for a ride.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Greg - Saturday will be a fun day of play riding and blazing across the open dez.Sunday is race. It's an enduro so there is no bar bangin. If it's your first time you might just want to ride on someones minute that you know so you won't have to worry about timekeeping. Everyone mentioned above rides in the novice class with the exception of Bretr. He is one of those damn expert class guys that rides so fast I can't even follow his dust trail. :scream:

Your goal should be just to finish the race and have fun. Come on out and join the fun. The more the merrier.

Last edited:

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Thumbs,
Thanx for the info. I am going to chicken out. I`ll be going to Phelan instead.I still want to try an Enduro. Maybe next time.
See ya at he next ride.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
O&S: surely go to the one next month @ El Mirage; it's a little easier. It was so easy last year that I taught Eel how to burn not one but several checks. Oh, & also how to be late, moreover how to roost ones self.:eek:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'll see you there Thumbs. I'll try to get in early Saturday eve so we can tool around. Is Scar going ? That would be cool.

Old'n'Stealthy - definitely come out to the one in February - it's a family-oriented event.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I had Scar talked into it and ready to go but the Mechanic at the Kawi shop is a moron and his bike is still not ready.:(

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Well maybe next time. It's funny how you said you had him talked into it ... I went through the same thing with CPT Jack. The Jackster is actually in Japan right now .. some sort of volunteer military dealio for his reserve service ... so he won't be at the race. I think Holeshot and PlaceLast will be missing also. Brett, on the other hand, will be there for certain. Looks like we could have some fresh recruits lined up though through these group rides. Like you said .. more is definitely merrier.

See you Saturday .... maybe I'll cook up some sand steaks !

By the way - you've got a typo in your link up top (HMT) ...

Here is the 411 on the race:

January 27th

TWMC's 27th annual Black Hills Well Enduro, at the place formerly known as Tokiwas (near Jawbone Canyon). Mark and Tom Getzfrid, and company.

Directions:

Take I-15 north to HWY 395 (16 miles). Take HWY 395 north to Kramer Junction (42 miles). Turn left, go west on SR 58 to Mojave (33 miles). Turn right, go north on HWY 14 about 17 miles, look for TWMC arrows pointing to your left. We will be camped on the property formerly known as Tokiwas

From Los Angeles:

Take the 5 north to HWY 14. Take HWY 14 north to Mojave and then look per above for the event signs about 17 miles past Mojave on HWY 14.

Last edited:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
You guys have fun. I here that it might rain out there this weekend.

I will be at El Mirage for sure.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Well Thumbs, although for sure we'll miss Jeff's company at least we'll have a better chance at placing well. ;)

See you soon Jeff .. get that RM jetted up and ready for February.

Last edited:

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Thanks guys,
I`ll try and get out to El Mirage in Feb. There better not be a DRN ride that weekend. That would give me a good excuse to chicken out again.
By the way theres some rain that`s supposed to be here Sunday. I didn`t see any start times. How early do those things get going?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
9 AM - and rain would be nice. Very nice.

I'll admit even the novice race is not easy. I'll still drop plenty of points. But it's whatever you want it to be - you can always slow down - you can even stop. But it's fun trying to do well and it's exciting to do the whole starting line thing and then chase the ribbon for an hour or two. The courses are always great and the people are nice. It can be really frustrating - I've had some incredibly poor finishes and it made me really angry - but I figure it's getting back on the horse that really counts. It's easy to lose sight of that some times ... just trying has its own rewards.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
The Nov. enduro at Cougar Buttes was fun (despite my grumbling) with a moderate difficulty course. These events are put on by volunteers (and are a bargain) so you won't hear (m)any complaints from me.;)

The El Mirage event in Feb. will probably have easy terrain, but when you throw in timekeeping and following course markers, it'll be all I can handle and then some. I guess I should have known that following the course was one third the battle in an enduro. Maybe they'll tie the ribbon at the bottom of the bushes and toward the back to increase the difficulty level.:confused:

My plan for the next Enduro is to condition myself to ride so that an alarm bell goes off in my head if I don't see a marker for longer than 5-10 seconds (Doh). The tinted goggle lens has to go, and maybe I should renew my lens prescription.

Sounds like the Black Wells Enduro will be a good one - too bad I'll have to miss it. :silly:

Top Bottom