the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Come one ... come all. I'll be there early Sunday morning, June 15th.

START TIME is 8 AM.

Directions:

Take I-15 north to HWY 395 (16 miles). Take HWY 395 north about 69 miles. Turn right on Trona Road, follow Trona Road (11 miles). Look for TWMC arrows pointing to your right. Follow TWMC arrows to camp (about 2 miles).

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
Originally posted by the Eel
START TIME is 8 AM.

Damn, Eric, that is early! I'll have to get up before 5!

You might as well take your bike to the Weenie Roast and drive straight up from there.:)

Will there be Jart charts available or do I need to fashion one of my own?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Yeah ... getting up is going to be harsh to say the least. I did the same thing last year .... though I doubt it will be any easier this year.

JARTs will be available ....

You should definitely come out ... it's a great time.

Reminder: I have the red Tacoma pickup and the yellow bike ... see you Sunday !

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
ggoja: take a roll of Scotch tape, and apply to the backside seams of the roll chart. During an event I had one come apart, and from then on I had to use the Sun, Moon, and eleven stars to keep time.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Man, I wish I could go. But Angel day for the little leaguer's is on Sunday and i'm the head coach. I wish they hadn't moved the date on this one :(

Last edited:

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Eric,
Any chance you could post a route sheet on this race like you did for the Wicked Bird. I need time to study the basics? It's easier for someone as green as me to do the calculations over the week instead of last minute preparations. Are you planning on a Saturday night camp or do you trust that we will all depart early Sunday? Also do you know of any chart holders with mounting provided for ProTaper bars?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Kelso ... they didn't post a route sheet yet ... most of the time they send it out early but not all the time. If they send it, I'll post it right away.

I would have liked to camp on Saturday night but I'm going to the KROQ Weenie Roast ... so I'll just be arriving early Sunday morn.

Most of the role chart holders are affixed with a hose clamp and have a rounded indentation on the back of the holder so they stay fixed in one spot - so they should fit any size bars. I got mine at a Honda shop ... any good shop should sell the holders.

I hope you can make it ... the loop scouting for Saturday didn't work out ... Tony couldn't make it and I had promised Rhona we would go to the KROQ thing .. which as it turns out is on the 14th. So we'll have to reschedule on the loop scouting. However, the race is still on for Saturday of course ... hope to see you there ... new bike ????

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Kelso: check with Cycle Gear off of the (Big Eye) 5 in Valencia. They might have a Moose, EE or Link roll chart holder. If not there's Dick Allen's shop.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Thanks for the info placelast.
It seems noone wants to love a 300+ pound DRZ, so I do not have a new bike. I think I'll just keep her until I save up some money. I'm heading out Saturday afternoon. Can I pre-run the course Saturday afternoon, or is that considered cheating?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Ummmm ... that would be cheating I think.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Here I go with another excuse why im not attending another event put on by one of the best clubs in the desert.

I will be in Nevada walking my sister down the aisle for her wedding.

Have fun.

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
Originally posted by kelsorat
It seems noone wants to love a 300+ pound DRZ, so I do not have a new bike.

No one wants to love mine, either, but I got a new bike anyway.;) It's all about the credit.

Dangit, Jeff actually has a good excuse whereas I have a lame one. I got roped into helping my sister-in-law at her store on Sunday. Damn family ties.:(

Hope it's not too hot out there, and have a great time.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Bring them with you ... they'll love the dust and the sun.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
Does anyone want to entertain my family while they are in town so I make it to enduro?

My inlaws will be happy come down to your place and entertain them as long as they can stay the night. One warning however they NEVER EVER LEAVE :scream:

Oh wait there already coming to my house again :( Please please take them.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

I just YZ timed my WR250f and wow what a big difference, I'm ichin and scrathin and jonesin to get out. I've be "test riding" down by the golf course on the mountain bike trails by my place, its a kick but I only want to push it so far :thumb:

Last edited:

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
Originally posted by scar tissue

I just YZ timed my WR250f and wow what a big difference

I picked up an 02 YZ250F last week and the difference in power delivery is amazing. Had I known how different the two were, I'd have yz timed my WR a long time ago.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I thought the Canadian WR's were allready done... I guess thats why I dont feel the hit that everyone talks about.

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff
I thought the Canadian WR's were allready done... I guess thats why I dont feel the hit that everyone talks about.

I had heard that to. But I wanted more power/ quickness for the races and was thnking of going to a CRF450. I decided to pop off the valve cover and check. There were 13 pins between the punch marks, which is wr timing. I switched it and in my little test runs, I have been ginning ear to ear. Although, I'm still dialing in the new jetting.

It wasn't hard to switch, you just have to go slow and remember where everything goes. The hardest part is that stupid @#%* C clip everyone bitches about. It's easy to get off, way way to easy and it wants to pop off during reassembly. :thumb:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I did mine yesterday. I only did a quick test run on my street. Going to take it out to Phelan tomorrow at 4pm. I could be wrong but it seemed to shake a little more than usual. Whats your experience with the jetting?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Mine actually seemed to vibrate less than before( at the handlebars). For teh jetting I went to the #175 supplied main jet. Alot of people on Thumper talk recomend the #180 size. I'm going to pick one up and try it. The needle is still stock however I'm going to raise the needle to riching the middle. Again recomended on TT. They say the more agressive timing tends to want richer jetting.

It'll be interesting to see, currently being summer and riding at 3-5K ft, I believe most bikes want to be adjsuted leaner. But stock the YZ comes richer than the WR. The main is real easy to change. The only thing I still notice is a minor little hicup down low when I get back on the gas after deceleration. (I.E. I believe it's either the end of the pilot circuit or start of the neddle.) I'm goin to raise the needle and try the 180 just because TT recomended it ( and I feel like it.)

FYI you should check out my new pit bike/kid crusier. A Honda 85 200X I picked up for nothng and I'm putting back together :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom