Sometimes quality is not the only thing

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Last weekend I got a shot of one of our +50 age riders. Turned out it was his first day eligible in the class. The thing that got me when I looked at the picture later was not that it has flaws in the picture itself but that is his father standing at the fence. Denny is a good friend of mine who retired from MX 6 years ago at the age of 71 when he was flighted from our track after a bad crash. When I talked to him later it struck me how much we are alike in loving the sport and living it by watching our sons (several decades apart in age) enjoy the sport. I only hope when I am 77 I will be standing at the fence with that big of a smile watching Spider tear it up.

julymx10.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
That's a picture that deserves to be in a frame in your friend's garage Dave. Well done!! :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Rich Rohrich said:
That's a picture that deserves to be in a frame in your friend's garage Dave. Well done!! :cool:
That has already been done I made up this poster and 2 8X 10 so each has their own. Today I also got a thank you from Tim and he told me his daughter spotted that in the inset picture Denny is standing all the way back behind the gate watching the holeshot. For 77 he covers some ground to get where I snapped the big picture with him :nod:
TIM.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Outstanding!!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That is awesome. The look on his Dad's face is priceless. Great shot Dave :cool:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
There is something truly beautiful about that picture. I can only hope that there is a similar picture of me standing next to the fence in 40 years.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Great stuff Dave, what an awesome capture! Just makes you smile! :cool:

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Cool shot indeed. I would give anything to have a shot like that of me and my Dad, but he never made it out to see me race. I don't think Mom or Dad were prepared to see me crash my brains out, so they just couldn't bring themselves to the track. Now on the other hand, both Mom and Dad were great hockey parents. They must have spent a fortune on my hockey when I was younger when I was getting invites for Jr B when I was 13. Those days are over now because Dad has been gone for 4 years now. Cherish the time you have with your parents, they won't be around for ever.

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
Watching my son race has certainly been one of the high points of my life but within 2 years, I'll be watching my grandkids race....and that, will be awesome! :yeehaw: Theoretically....I could easily have a great-grandrider out there, in another 9 or 10 years (I'd be 60). :whoa: I can hardly wait! If y'all can hang around here for a few years, I'll post some pics! :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Great shot Dave. :cool:

The expression on dads face says it all. :nod:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
kschilk said:
. . . Theoretically....I could easily have a great-grandrider out there, in another 9 or 10 years (I'd be 60). :whoa:
babies having babies :|

;)

Red 250

Mar 31, 2008
Awesome picture.
I remember my father watching me run track when I was all of 10 or 11 I am 50 now. The pride on his face was something I will always cherish. That look on your friends dad's face is priceless. The look of pride and of pure joy is something you don't get to see very often. You have captured a moment in time. I hope your friend will always be glad to have been able to witness the precious moment that you captured. Most of the time we never get the chance to see what an impact we make in our parents lives. Even though you are older your parents still get a kick out of you doing well. Again nice picture...Red

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom