DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
While I was at Paragon a couple of weeks ago, I met a cool dude named Butch, who rides quads up in Northern Jersey. He invited me to come join him with my KDX whenever I want, so this past Sunday my friend Ken W and I did!

I don't really want to divulge the exact location as NJ is a bit tough these days, but suffice it to say, Butch showed Ken and I some of the best single and two track trails from here to PA! Lots of looooong flat tight straights that went on and on, wide open 6th gear kind of stuff, to big deep gravel whoops that kept you wondering which way you would land next! I had not had my bike out for more than a couple of hours at a time, so when Butch took up nearly 20 miles out and 20 miles back through these great scenic trails over bridges, and through deep woods, I was THRILLED! Of course, me being still shakey, Ken and Butch screamed on ahead, while I putt-putted around at speeeds under 50MPH (except for a couple of long straightaways!!!) and just enjoyed the ride, and the scenery and the sounds and smell of a two stroke humming beneath me!

As a bonus, we got to see about 14 or 15 Hot air baloons floating over the PA border so we just shut off the engines and soaked in the foliage and the balloons for about 10-15 minutes standing on a bridge elevated some 200 feet or so above the woods. Just awesome. Crisp fall air, and the smell of a fireplace somewhere burning seasoned oak. Very nice. I love autumn here!

I did have a couple of minor incidents... We decided to take a couple of trails that were a little above my skill and upon trying and falling up and down both trails, I finally had to give up and resort to them riding my bike back up the hills for me after falling and scraping myself up pretty good. :( I felt bad, and thought that I was holding them up, but they were very patient, very cool, and very helpful to this old man. ;) Thanks guys if you are reading this!

I will definately go back there frequently and soon, and look forward to many many more hours of beautiful fast, black muddy ride time!

~Dave

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom