crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Today I picked up the new Dirt dirt rider and flipped through and the first thing I read was about testing exhaust sound level. They are now gonna "penalize" exhaust for being too loud.
This bring me to my point,B-4 I started reading this website I would have blown past this "waste" of space. Now it had to be the first thing I read. :nod: I cannot agree any more with some of the reading that I have been doing on this site about LOUD exhaust's. I have to say that my opinion has 100% reversed on this topic.
I made the comment about repacking the silencer on my bike to my wife and she said "why the hell would you want a quite exhaust on a dirtbike?".....I sat there for a minute just grinning and replied "If I keep up the excessive noise someone will eventually complain and figure out how to stop me from riding!" She totally understood where I was coming from..Cool huh? I'm even considering putting a stock silencer(they are cheap on Sleeze-bay) on my bike if the repack don't take the edge off.
*I have a stock pipe with and FMF powercore II....it came that way*

I'm sure that I wont be able to tell the difference in power from a loud open silencer vs. a quieter stock Silencer. If I do notice,It would be worth the trade-off to ride longer and not lose a riding area over it.

In closing I'm glad that understand the other side of the topic,Totally because of this website. Thank You.

I also think that Dirt riders stand on the exhaust issue is a step in the right direction.

What do you all think,comment of all sort are welcome,let 'em fly.

Crazy

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
No doubt, noise is killing our fine sport. I'm glad that there are a few converts out there, such as yourself. Spread the word...quietly.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
crazy4nitro said:
I cannot agree any more with some of the reading that I have been doing on this site about LOUD exhaust's. I have to say that my opinion has 100% reversed on this topic.
What do you all think,comment of all sort are welcome,let 'em fly.

Crazy

Absolutely agree crazy4nitro.

Glad to see opinions changing. :cool:

If they couldn't hear us, they wouldn't even know we were there.

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
The factory db's on a stock KDX is supposed to be around 82, I'm looking at the db snorkel to further quiet my ride. I wanna sneak up on people in the woods, lol.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
It's kinda fun to pass someone when you're riding a quiet bike, too. Try it! :cool:

Top Bottom