_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Usually not unless it has a USFS approved spark arrestor type can. I'm pretty sure most all of the race silencers are 98db+.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
A stock silencer probably won't hit 94dB. Are they actually checking the sound level? Ask around but in any case repacking with fresh packing will make it quieter than it was...and probably quieter than any of the other bikes since most people neglect the packing.

Is this a MX race?

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I have a 250 two stroke with a FMF Turbin-core silencer and I have always been under the 96 db limit, although I did notice it creeping up to the 96 mark as the packing got older.

At a recent district enduro one of our club members failed sound test on his 500 Kawi 2 stroke and we were all scrambling around trying to repack his silencer. We got it down some but it was still slightly over the 96 mark. I guess it was close enough and they let him slide.

When the line at sound check gets too long they have been known to just go down the line and passing anyone with a FMF Q or FMF Turbin Core silencer.

Is your silencer also a spark arrestor? That is usually a requirement to race on any US Forest Service or BLM land. There is a little fudge room on sound but spark arrestor is rather black / white.

If you haven't repacked your silencer recently I would recommend doing it. Or at least bring new packing and whatever you need to change it with you to the race.

Rod

NERider

Nov 7, 2010
Its a hare scramble. I called pro circuit today and they told me that all there silencers (since im not sure if I have the R304 and or shorty r304) are well under the 96db limit. however i found out for this race the owner of the property does not care about sound. the series has a private insurance so its not under ama

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom