sngltrk

Apr 23, 2002
Does anyone have any experience with the sound testing procedure at Silver Lake? I have not been there since the new rules where put in place. I would like to ride my '99 CR 250, but don't want to drive all the way there to be turned away because of sound levels. The motor is basically stock, with a stock pipe and FMF Turbine Core 2 muffler. Has anyone tried some of the sound reducing tricks; holding leg on pipe, rubber inner tube on end of muffler, muffler tip opening toward wheel and ground.

Thanks for the Help
Scott

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
If your bike passes the standard 94 db test, no problems. I'm not familiar with your pipe/silencer setup to know off hand. Have you been to any of the CCC's Trail Tours? Sound check there is the same as what Silver Lake does, procedure-wise.
As for any of the tricks... A turn down pointing down/inward usually helps. The inner tube and other quick fix things are generally frowned upon and they will not pass you.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
A TCII will most likey will pass. Get there early to get in line so you can park in the lot! it fills up fast. the best way to get in is have a 4X4, flag & ORV sticker, With the bikes in the back. lower your tire pressure too like 4lbs. Then go out on the dunes and park by the lake and ride from there. If your camping or staying in town you can get your name on the parking list the night before. any way good luck and fill us in on your fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom