sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Hey guys I know a bunch of the regulars in here are from the southeast jullien, lemmy, glad2ride, Crimeidy26 and others (sorry short term mem)
What do Ya'll think of planning a 4-day weekend in the late spring/ early summer (some of the days would be travel) to meet and have a group ride and camping?

I know Durhamtown has excelent facilities, but I'm open to suggestions as I've been there alot and want to see some different areas...hatfield/ McCoy WV. ...Brushy Mt. NC...

Just lets see what we can manage!!

Last edited:

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I'm up for anything, assuming I can get away from work for a day. Unfortunately that's usually easier said than done, but with some planning I'm sure I could make it. I have a couple buddies I ride with who would probably be game as well. We're already thinking about a trip to hatfield, so that would be sweet. Lets see who all would be interested and what location seems good that would be somewhere in the middle of everyone.

J.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I'd say feel free to bring the kiddies if you like. My daughter will be getting started on her first 4 wheeler this summer, but I don't think she'll be ready for a 4 day trip yet. Perhaps next year..

J.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Yes I'd say its gonna be Family friendly but after riding I enjoy putting away a 6 pack and hooting a bit by the campfire helps me unwind and sleep.
I'm think'n camping friday night and saturday, then sunday could be a ride/ pack up / travel day

Last edited:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I would like to plan Hatfield/ McCoy then we could open it up to our PA, Maryland, Ohio and posibly Ney York KDX brothers and sisters. I'd like to get a real good show of KDX's and maybee a group discount.

Is memorial day weekend a good weekend or does everyone have a traditional place to go and be? May 22nd through 25th

Julien I'd like to come up and ride with you at Brushy Mt. too.. Maybe the Alabama boys could come with me on a seperate date

Crimeidy26

Aug 6, 2008
Yeah that sounds like a plan to me, we just need to plan it out and i think we could have a good turnout. There's a place in Springville, AL called THE RIDGE that has plenty of trails for beginners, so the kids would have fun as we would. They have stuff from beginner to handlebar/expert trails which are really technical. But i think at any skill level would have a good time, and thats a good idea sr5 about the 6 pack....haha lets get this trip together

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Hatfield McCoy ride

Ok guys I need to know
1.who would be up for the Hatfied mccoy?

2.is memorial day weekend good ?(remember check with the wife!) :laugh:

P.S. Crimeidy26 I see in the cdi post you sold your kdx are you going to have another by may?

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Hatfield McCoy would be great

Memorial day weekend I'm not sure yet. We usually have a family get together at our property up in VA and get the cabin up there opened up for the summer that weekend. I'll check with my mom and see if they're planning on that this year or not.

J.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I thought that weekend might be a problem as most people traditionally do something
forget about memorial day weekend guys

Now how about june 5th 6th 7th I want it to be dry enough but not scorch'n hot

Crimeidy26

Aug 6, 2008
Yeah i have another bike....I bought a 2000 KTM 250 EXC in a box a while back for cheap and just got it put back together and fork seals is all i lack now....I hate KTM for that reason but thats another story. But it runs strong and rides good so i'll be ready just let me know what you guys decide and where you want to go.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Crimeidy26 said:
Yeah i have another bike....I bought a 2000 KTM 250 EXC in a box a while back for cheap and just got it put back together and fork seals is all i lack now....I hate KTM for that reason but thats another story. But it runs strong and rides good so i'll be ready just let me know what you guys decide and where you want to go.

Are you Going to get some green Vinyl to cover up that orange?

Crimeidy26

Aug 6, 2008
Yeah SR5 i thought about painting the frame green before i put everything back together....just cant see myself keepin that black and orange but will have to get me by....haha

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
ok guys I'm starting a new thread to attract and norrow the field specific time and place

to others who can't make this ride I am up to start other rides like in alabma or durhamtown but this will now be found on Hatfield/ McCoy eastcoast ride weekend june 6
I changed to east coast from southeast because its preety well north and to attract more people

lemmy

Jul 24, 2008
the date looks ok with me. my work is sort of unpredictable so i wont' know for sure until a little closer to the date.

Top Bottom