South Louisiana flats getting boring

Dewster

Feb 4, 2002
Looking for some hills or even something technical :aj: in the deep south. I know it's alot to ask for, but there's got to be something in the neighboring states (Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi)? The most technical/hill trails I've found is a place called Red Dirt near Alexandria, LA but there's only about 15miles of trails there.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
As a transplanted southern Louisianaian (????) I know what you mean. I'll assume you've already been to Forest Hill and such. I hear Kevin Windham has a nice place in Mississipp called the Flying W or something. Do a search. Or you could move to Dallas, many, many more places here. Good to see someone from bayou country on the site.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Do any of us in the metromess really WANT to call it home? Well maybe those of us that grew up in Fort Worth.
I was married to a girl from Jeanerette ... Is the Yellow Bowl still on 182 just north of Baldwin? Yum ;) It may be flat but y'all sure know how to have fun.
Also, have you ever ridden at Fort Polk? There were some technical areas there when I was in the Army. At least I had fun in the armored vehicles.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
There are places to ride in the Ft. Polk area(Pitkin/Cravens), Camp Claiborne at Forest Hills and Dry Prong above Pineville, La. I'm in from offshore finally (after a solid month out in the Gulf) and ready to ride!

None of it is really really technical, but still all fun places to bust some bark.

Shoot me an email or PM and we can go ride!

Motohead00

Top Bottom