Southern CA, Enduro and Hare/Hounds

tarwatertt

Sep 5, 2003
Hello, first timer here. I am planning on getting a new bike soon. I took the last 10 years off from riding/racing. I use to race a Husqvarna 430 Desert Racer and a Honda XR 250. My main racing type was Enduro, Hare/Hound, Desert/Cross Country. Mainly for fun but competitive in nature. At one point in time I was a fairly good rider but always amature. I would like to get back into it at a more novice level and for enjoyment of riding, not serious about winning, etc... I have never been riding in CA area and need some serious advice on groups to join or associations to look at. I am located in the Orange County Area, just south of LA. Thanks

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I cannot recommend the TWMC more highly; there are several DRN members who attend the monthly enduros. As a matter of fact, there is one this weekend - look in the Places to Ride or SoCa Wrecking Crew forums for directions and chatter about who is going.

I was a TWMC member (recently had to move away for a new job) for the last few years and had the time of my riding/life.

Although the DRN rides are always a blast, adding the element of timekeeping brought about that much more fun. And now that many DRNers have joined, the camaderie around the campfire and before/after the enduros just adds to the enjoyment.

Top Bottom