RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well, Once Keith got there :nener: we saw some awesome racing! Metcalfe winning an overall, 2 factory Honda blowing their engines, Barcia decimating the second moto, Dungy waiting on the line for a new engine and starting the race 3/4 of a lap down to make 7th and 3rd overall!!!!!!! All with downpours through out the day. Definitely a good race to be at. :laugh: :cool:

Dowd gets to keep his number for another year too. It was good to see him do well. There was local guy that had the fastest qualifying time too. I guess the local talent runs deep. Henry made an appearance too and was as positive as always.

PK grows delicious corn and grills a killer hot dog, even in the rain. It was good to see Paula and him again. :nod:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Wasn't this Southwick?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Reed had a crap day. Seems his head/luck hasn't been right since his crash.
Dungey took adversity and turned it around.
Bam Bam- what can you say. Incredible ride in moto 2

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Oh yeah, Southwick :bang:

I just watched the races on TV and it is indeed Southwick where I was at.

Can you fix that Keith?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I've heard this many times, "championships are won on your worst days". If this is indeed true, Dungy will win the championship, phenomenal ride after the race started and he's still standing at the gate without a bike. Barcia could be a spoiler if he keeps it upright. Chad's hopes of a #1 plate have faded, barring the Ryans DNFing 2 motos each(yeah right). He made a honorable effort this season and impressed many.
The lites class has finally had the domination of Pro Circuit Kawasaki broken. Baggett has fallen off some but with 4 motos to go, not sure how it will turn out.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
BSWIFT said:
I've heard this many times, "championships are won on your worst days".

I can only imagine what was going thru Dungy's mind while he was waiting at the gate. His ride was incredible!!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Farmer John said:
I can only imagine what was going thru Dungy's mind while he was waiting at the gate. His ride was incredible!!
I was standing next to the line while he waited for his bike and he was very cool and in control. He was doing a lot of walking back and forth and looking up the hill for the bike to show up but he was calm and collected. Very impressive.

He may have been crapping his pants but I was up wind so I wouldn't have known for sure :ohmy:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Target, Nike, maybe more big names to come... a very marketable young man. :cool:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I'm changing my allegiance from RV to RD after Southwick.

That was special.

Those last few laps in the deep mud, he was mowing through the top 10 at ludicrous speed.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
dirt bike dave said:
I'm changing my allegiance from RV to RD after Southwick.

That was special.

Those last few laps in the deep mud, he was mowing through the top 10 at ludicrous speed.
Gotta agree with that. Most impressive, speed and concentration. I haven't looked at his time behind Barcia at the finish but if he was within a minute, an equal start would have had him WAY out front in the end. Great race regardless of the drama and I'm not knocking Barcia's showing.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The lites race was epic, different than the MX class? Questionably? But a great race also! I like Ratty, but I hope the next guy, U.S.A. does pass him for 3rd overall at the end of the season! Those little thumpers was hurting, Wilson taking it easier, than he seemingly was to begin with???? Ohh the smoke was belching, I bet it stunk of anti freeze and blown motors every where?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Ohh the smoke was belching, I bet it stunk of anti freeze and blown motors every where?

There were many bikes putting out steam. only a few of them seem to put out the antifreeze smell though.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Things I would like to know the truth about, Did Wilsons bike run out of anti freeze, him slowing down did seemingly save it, regardless? Did Reed suffer a concussion from that bad get off, how would he get cleared to race, knowing plenty sit out weeks and longer, in many sports now a days? Did JBS sit out the entire outdoor season because of his felony charge, and will we see him ever again, SX season period? And lastly, Pastrana, broken wrist and ankle, did he break something his first attempt, and the second self attempt was EXACTLY what?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I watched Wilson closely during the race. after the first few laps he started spitting steam? out of the radiator overflow. It got to the point where I was sure I wouldn't see him coming around for the next lap, but he kept on going. One lap there was steam the next lap none. I couldn't hear any announcers (seriously, why do they even bother trying during the race?), but it could have been right around the same time they told him to "save the engine". Whatever happened he made the finish line.
So, my answers in order are,
probably damn close to empty
I'd put money on that bet. Money talks.
I didn't think bubba was too keen on running mx in the first place. The felony charge probably tipped the scales though. I'm sure we'll see him again.
I dunno

Top Bottom