whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
What a great start to the outdoor season. The track looked and held up very well, for Hangtown anyways. Tomac eh? This young man has some serious talent. The fluid speed of Pourcel with Barcias' attitude? I hope Bagget is okay, I would hate for 1 of the 10 or so that can win at anytime to get hurt! Reed is riding typically well? I was sure pulling for Grant, and sure wished the camera was on him more. I had to look twice who was riding the number 3, outstanding! Metcalf was riding really well. Some guys are just faster on the bigger bikes? And Ben Townly is back, and only going to get faster! The 350 made its debut. Now we shall see what happens to pro racing, or leave it alone? A toss up on which was funnier, Erin Bates tossing rocks into Barcia's rut, or Alessi trying to make bike sales? Did it seem to be a large amount of Honda's in both classes, or my prejudice? The bikes are that good, or the contingency? The live internet feeds was a disgrace to 3rd world countries, and thank you Speed for giving Sheeen a vacation. Vintage Bob

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yes! Outdoors! I got all fired-up, plopped-down on the couch... at 7Pm Central.

I missed it :(

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Got to see most of the 250 class and only some of the 450's.

The track was gnarly and the motos were long. Loved it.

However, Jeffro was horrible in the booth from what I saw. First race jitters, I guess. I hate it that the best sport on the planet has such a poor broadcast team. Certainly Jeffro will improve during the year, but he was painful to listen to.

Tomac was amazing. He sure looked like the real deal and not some flash in the pan. I've never seen him ride before and I was really impressed. I was surprised he was so agressive, even against his teamates.

Glad to see Alessi is back and up to speed after his long lay off. He's probably been training like an animal. I'd rather see him win the title than for Reed to repeat.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
dirt bike dave said:
Got to see most of the 250 class and only some of the 450's.

The track was gnarly and the motos were long. Loved it.

However, Jeffro was horrible in the booth from what I saw. First race jitters, I guess. I hate it that the best sport on the planet has such a poor broadcast team. Certainly Jeffro will improve during the year, but he was painful to listen to.

Tomac was amazing. He sure looked like the real deal and not some flash in the pan. I've never seen him ride before and I was really impressed. I was surprised he was so agressive, even against his teamates.

Glad to see Alessi is back and up to speed after his long lay off. He's probably been training like an animal. I'd rather see him win the title than for Reed to repeat.

Fro didn't seem to be any worse than he usually is. And I don't hold out any hope that he'll improve as the season progresses.. He's just not a good broadcaster. He should find a job where he doesn't have to talk for a living.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I had to work and missed it, totally my fault because at right around 7pm EST, just as it was over, I remembered I had a DVR installed just a couple weeks ago. Doh!!! :bang:

I have it set to record the rest of the series whether I'm home or not.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Finally got to watch it all on tape.

Smiled the whole time. :>)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Vic said:
Smiled the whole time. :>)

Vic - you must have had the sound turned down. Jeffro made me wince several times :p

Seriously, it is great to finally be to the outdoors season.

When you see the riders going so fast for so long on such tracks... :yikes:

I'm in awe.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
Vic - you must have had the sound turned down. Jeffro made me wince several times :p

Seriously, it is great to finally be to the outdoors season.

When you see the riders going so fast for so long on such tracks... :yikes:

I'm in awe.

I didn't have the sound turned down, but still, all I heard was well-tuned engine sounds. Was Emig talking? ;>)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The throttle control of Tomac versus the throttle control of Barcia? I would love to see the wear differences in their top ends. Albeit I did not hear Barcia outdoors, yet? Indoors he sure made me wince a couple of times! My hat is off to who ever has been building his motors over the years. Married for over 26 years or so, tuning out the announcers is a piece of cake! Vintage Bob

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Who gave them persmission not to race this weekend? Now all I have to watch today is UFC 114. I hate when there's a weekend without a race. Good thing Mavtv has endurocross, trials, and enduro. :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Someone said:
Who gave them persmission not to race this weekend? Now all I have to watch today is UFC 114. I hate when there's a weekend without a race. Good thing Mavtv has endurocross, trials, and enduro. :)
Dang it! You missed the USGP? It was live, it was free, and it was on the stupid internet! Great feeds, announcers, and an outstanding race! With recaps and on board cameras. MX sports is REALLY slacking! They should get the people from Youthstream for real, and fast! Vintage Bob

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
You're pulling my leg right? Is there any torrents of the race?

No, I was unaware that was on this weekend. No TV broadcast?

Top Bottom