gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I was curious who has spare bikes and will be bringing them to DW. It would seem that maybe we can persuede those who have too far to drive to fly in if there was a bike for them to ride.

If you have a spare bike, can bring it to DW and are willing to loan it out to those whithout one, post it here.

We could have like a 'loaner bike corral' or something. Just a thought.

P.S. In addition to that, sometimes spare equipment is needed. We're pretty sure we'll be bringing all of our camping equipment (we'll be renting a trailer this year) for anyone in need. 2 room cabin Tent, air matresses, sleeping bags, pillows, chairs, etc.

B

biglou

I'm bringing both bikes. Already told Pred, Nat, and Zio that they are more than welcome to either one. I also have some spare misc. gear that I always drag along with me: Goggles, gloves, jerseys, etc...

As for the bikes, I don't mind anyone borrowing them, but my anal-retentiveness requires that I know who is on it at any given time! I just can't have a free-for-all with them. Besides, pred would blame zio or Nat for blowing the top end, then Nat would kick his butt, it would just be ugly! :D

Of course, niether one of those pitsallys (Pred or Zio) have the cajones to show up anyway, so I don't know what I'm worrying about that for... :p :p

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yes, please list them. I'd like to know what cooler bikes will be available for when i break mine again. :p

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
If I still have the KTM, it will be available for someone to ride. I was going to try to ride the headlight class MX with it, but I'm sure that would go over like a lead balloon. It does have a headlight, but. . .

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Hold on, let me check my garage............................Nope, no extra scooters, just the one I paid for.

However, I can bring almost any type of camping equipment that someone might need. Pretty much the same stuff that GSR mentioned.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by BigLou
Besides, pred would blame zio or Nat for blowing the top end

Zio did it!!!!! :debil:

Hey, nice to see this thread, I was starting to have second thoughts about the whole trip just because I hate the thought of asking to bum a bike off someone. :ugg:

Lou, you are very generous indeed. If you or anyone lends me their ride, I'll treat it with the utmost of care. I promise!! :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Borrowing a bike is not a big deal at DW. I honestly can't count how many people took my Montesa out (I know Slo'mo is hooked though). Just like Lou as long as I know who's got it I really don't mind.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The new project bike will too Lou, IMS Pro Series pegs :p

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
The amazing pantless wonder mused
I honestly can't count how many people took my Montesa out (I know Slo'mo is hooked though). Just like Lou as long as I know who's got it I really don't mind.

yep, I still haven't given up on that trials bike, although it has been delayed
:( I also vowed we would not be bringing that bucket of junk KX for my son. And I won't either. So far, I have replaced fork internals, clutch, basket, wheels, now Eric has the motor. By the time DW is here it will practically be an '03 on a '93 frame. Still holding out for the possibility of a KTM thumper. :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I"ll have the Mamba(99KX310 DRN Project bike) and Elvis (02YZF426). I plan on riding the Mamba in the woods and Elvis on the track but that all depends on the recovery made between now and DW02. I'll be there either way. I may just not ride to my spodely potential.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I dont have a spare, but id really like to try out some different bikes. Who ever wants to ride my bike can, just as long as ive got someting to ride too! ;)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Anyone willing to rent me a bike? Looks like No_Mo's KX engine was lost in shipment to Eric and I can't file a claim on the loss until then end of the month. :debil: I'm willing to sign agreement to pay for any repairs/damages that might happen (hopefully none). I just hate to scratch him off for this year. :ugg:

PM me if you might be interested and have a spare. He's 18, 6'2" and 185 so an XR100 won't work. He tries to ride his sister's all the time...

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
No_Mo's welcome to take turns on mine (I'll have the YZ250 ready by then). I may also have my 97 CR available if I can get it figured out by then.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm planning on bringing my KTM 250 vintage '94. The timing needs to be set and if we can make it run, it's his for the riding. Right now in runs backwards!:scream: If I can get some help setting the timing it will make a good spare bike for the pool.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I won't be there but CAL can still drag out my spodly 89 YZ125 for a pit bike if someone needs it. Hell use it for a class on jetting 101 LOL. It's a peice o' claptrap but hauls my overweight butt around LBL!. Prior to the class feed it 40:1 Motul. After the class if the jetting is right, feed it what it was set at and LET ME KNOW! :) CAL offered to haul my bike and myself out there. I can't make it but seince it is a beater with a fresh top end and gently rode 40 hours on it it's free to a loving rider. I like the bike but I hope to move up to a KDX next year. If CAL is still willing to haul it out there, it is open to anyone who wants to ride it. Provided I get it back if the "Rocket Scientists" return it to me in somewhat working order :) CAL if you want to drag it out as a "LOAN" bike, be my guest, that will be mid-terms week and there is no hope for me. I am stuck in 400 level courses and there is no re-schedualing those tests......I tried :(

P.S. It leaks alot of oil from the PV cover(Power Valve, I replace the o-ring and the seal but it still leaks, just ride it! As long as the fuel is mixed right and the Crank Case oil is full no problems)
The bike may be old but is a fun ride! A new top-end and the chain should last out the Fall. I have already ordered over $800 in new stuff for me and the sled. Be gentle with it, she is a finikey lady!

If CAL still want's to haul it, ride her all you want! Just luv her like I do :cool:

Phillip

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Let me find out what my dad and Dave are planning on doing. As of right now, I'll be hauling 4 bikes(3 on trailer, 1 in bed) + gear in a full size Chevy with a 4.3L V6! :eek: That's IF my dad and Dave are pulling a camper. If they don't, I'll make them haul their own bikes and the YZ will get to see Oklahoma! :yeehaw:

BTW, I'm skippin' out on 400 level courses. It's worth it...trust me! :aj:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
good news - No_Mo's engine finally shows up at Eric's on 20 days late

Bad news - No_Mo was hoping for an insurance claim with which to start a new bike fund.

good news - we should have a screamin KX134 engine by DW

bad news - we swore we wouldn't bring that bike back to DW

good news - after replacing engine, wheels, brakes and fork internals it's not really the same bike is it?

good news - we will be riding something at DW! Even if it's a flaming turd! :flame: :yeehaw:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
That's is good news. Dont feel too bad, i thought i would have a new bike before DW02 too but since the new WR450 wont be available til after DW02 i'm stuck with the old one. Atleast mine doesnt have any JB weld on it anymore.

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
If anyone is swinging thru NJ on the way to dirtweek and needs a woods/trails-type bike, you can take my KLX for the week. All I want back is a bike that still runs (my bike or any better one is fine ;) ) AND a sample of the ho-made beef jerky that is rumored to be there on display. PM me if anyone needs a trail bike to ride, it'd be good for the shorter folks, kids, or female riders too.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
can somebody swing buy and pick Milque's bike up? I have a ton of G.W./Cheney and Rush Limbaugh stickers we can cover his bike with! :yeehaw:

Actually, that's a pretty huge gesture there, Milque. Wish you were gonna be there.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
If my wrist doesn't get any better I won't be riding my scooter (00' cr125)very much at Dirtweek. If that is the case my bike is first come first serve to anyone that wants to ride it. Hell, even if I'm 100% my offer still stands when my arse isn't in the saddle.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Is the rag optional?

Top Bottom