shadow171

May 27, 2005
I got a 97 CR250 that has a FMF Burly pipe and a FMF Power Core 2 silencer. I need a spark arrestor for the woods and would like to geet the FMF Q, but I don't think they make it for my bike. So instead, I'm looking at a Pro Circut Nature Friendly Spark Arrestor. Will the FMF and PC work together? I know I'll need to rejet. I'm like my bikes to be quiet, and that the bigest consideration. Any input or advise is good, Thanks

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
fmf turbine core2 ???

YFZRob

Aug 2, 2005
The PC nature friendly and FMF Turbine Core 2 are virtually the same in length and noise. The PC Type-296 and FMF Q are the quiet ones. I swapped over to a PC nature friendly silencer and LOVE it. It bolted right up with stock, therefore it should work perfectly with the FMF pipe since it is designed to work with stock silecners. I am considering a FMF Fatty for my 05 RM250 to go wtih the PC silencer. As for noise, my PC silencer is a tiny touch quieter than stock. Not enough to even notice while on the bike, even though PC advertises a lower sound output. The Type-296 is their "quiet" pipe that's also USFS approved.

shadow171

May 27, 2005
I don't think thay make the 296 to fit my bike eather. If anyone could let me know if it does and ware to get it that would be cool.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
YFZRob said:
The PC nature friendly and FMF Turbine Core 2 are virtually the same in length and noise. The PC Type-296 and FMF Q are the quiet ones. I swapped over to a PC nature friendly silencer and LOVE it. It bolted right up with stock, therefore it should work perfectly with the FMF pipe since it is designed to work with stock silecners. I am considering a FMF Fatty for my 05 RM250 to go wtih the PC silencer. As for noise, my PC silencer is a tiny touch quieter than stock. Not enough to even notice while on the bike, even though PC advertises a lower sound output. The Type-296 is their "quiet" pipe that's also USFS approved.

I have two 04 KX250s. One has the PC system and the other has the FMF. They are about the same in sound and performance in the woods. The PC is the Works pipe and the FMF is the Fatty. If you can find a Gnarly for your bike, that may be a better choice for the woods as it seems to have a little more low rpm punch. Both PC and FMF are designed to work with the stock gear and therefore should work well with each other. You can find a spark arrestor at this link. You should not have to rejet you bike for a spark arrestor.

https://www.fmfracing.com/products/catalog.aspx?CategoryID=62&ItemID=020328

shadow171

May 27, 2005
Thanks for the info, I wish thay made the Q or 296 to fit my bike. Does anybody know if they're planing on expanding there product lines to include the older bikes?

CspineRider

Jun 16, 2005
I have a 97 CR250 as well and when I go to the woods I slap on the FMF Turbine Core 2 and to tell you the truth, it is just as loud as the powercore 2 used when I am not in the woods.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I thought I saw somewhere that the Type 296 Spark Arrestor was available for the 97-99 cr250's. Have you checked the Pro Circuit site? I have the FMF Q on my '02 cr250, and it is quite a bit quieter than the turbine core 2 on a buddy's '02.

shadow171

May 27, 2005
Yes, I checked both sites. FMF, PC and I've checked all the big online stores. I have power core 2 and would realy like a quieter pipe. Thanks everybody

Top Bottom