crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
my 02 CR250 needs a spark arrestor for a local National Forest, any suggestions on which one? FMF or PC which has the least noticeable HP loss? Thanks for the suggestions.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I run the PC on my RM250 and I can tell the difference down low. It seems a little stuffed up until I open it up. It ran a little rich after using it so I dropped one main jet size and it ran fine. Don't know about the FMF one, but from what I know, the FMF pipes are great for low end torque and the PC pipe is good for upper rpms.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I have run both the FMF Turbine Core 2 & the Pro Circuit on my 03 CR 250.
The FMF made my CR sign off a little early & the bike felt a little sluggish response wise. The PC does not seem to sign off as early & has better throttle respose....not as good as a shorty mind you, but better than the FMF.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I have the FMF Turbine Core II silencer on my KTM (with stock pipe) and while I can't comment on the power--I'm too slow to notice--I can offer a few other observations. The pipe, factory, fit great and had nice little rubber mounting grommets (not sure if others do or not). However now, 3 years later and a lot of abuse later, it's leaking out of the weld at the back of the silencer. Also, the very end of the silencer is extremely difficult to remove--in fact, since I wasn't sure I was even supposed to, I quit trying when the normal means didn't work to get it out. I noticed this the first time I repacked my silencer. The reason I tried is because there is a little bit of packing, now thoroughly oil-soaked, wrapped around the very end and I couldn't get it out. So I just stopped trying. I am not sure if this is a big deal or not--maybe others with the FMF can tell me? I guess I can't even really say that the silencer was made poorly, because I crash a lot, but next time, I'll be getting the Pro Circuit just for comparison's sake.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I'm using the regular "forestry approved" PC muffler.
It sound tests @ 95 db.

I have seen the 296 (PC's answer to FMF's Q) test @ 93 db.

496 is PC's 4 stroke, sub 96 db S/A.

Mike R.

May 1, 2004
By bud has a TM Racing/Enduro 125 with

a PC Forestry approved (not the 296) and he loves it.
He was quite happy with the sound lowering ability and the fact he did not notice any decrease in hp, range etc.
I know because we talked at length about it because I to was quite curious. His pipe is a Sachs or some Italian mx race pipe that comes stock on them.

Top Bottom