MilkJuGGz

Apr 1, 2002
Hey all!

After a new pipe was installed my 96 WR250 has been running rich, and after every few hours I've had to replace the plug as it would fould. I've been using NGK B8ES as perscribed by the manual.

However, recently I had to use a different plug because I couldn't get any NGK's. Auto shop said the Champion N2C they sold to me were equivalents.

Anyways, after an hour or so this plug shows pretty much perfect conditions - it's creamy and tan (with a little white on the prong). After an hour the NGK would start to think about crapping out, but this one is going strong. Cold starts are much easier too.

Is this plug really an equivalent? Am I going to ruin my ignition system or hurt my engine by running this plug? I'm suspicous that the N2C is not an equivalent, because I've read conflicting data that says it's equivalent to the B8 OR B9. And also the fact that the rich signs aren't there anymore.

The engine's been running perfectly with this plug and I'm second guessing wether I should rejet so the NGK's don't foul or just stick to the Champions. Both are of similar price and availability. Thanks for responses!

~JuGGz

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Changing the plug will not change your jetting. Changing the heat range to a hotter plug may burn the carbon off the plug<less fouling> at the possible risk of engine damage<preignition from the hot plug and then a burnt up piston as the result>. I am guessing that the crossover of the two plugs isn't perfect. And the white tip is a little too close for my comfort for engine damage.

Go into the KDX only forum there is an excellent link on jetting in there and do a search for plug reading . There is countless years of experience available in those discussions that in no way I could even come close to copying efficiently

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
L87C is the cross for a B8ES. So you probably have a different heat range in the L2C. I'd go back to the B8ES and rejet. Also once all of the sudden I was running rich. Ended up my fuel enrichening (choke) was leaking by causing the problem.

Top Bottom