Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
It seemed like I was having to kick my 2001 RM250 an AWEFUL lot when I was riding a few weeks ago. Anyone with a RM knows how little flywheel mass there is, so when woods riding the bike can typically just stall with no warning (hopping logs and such). I didn't really think anything about it since I've put nearly 20 hours on this plug and I having been toying with jetting throughout this period.

Anyway, I get home, yank the plug (BR8ES) and notice it's decently oiled up. Not horrible, but what you would expect from a well used plug. There were some carbon deposits around the ring of the plug that I could scrape off with my nail, but the prong of the plug had some "spotting." It looked like metal deposits on the prong because I could not scrape them off. And it didn't look like the prong had been "eaten" away, but rather these were deposits. The electrode also looked good and was 100% there.

I've read that these small spots can be aluminum....like from the piston or head, etc....so I'm a little freaked out. The bike is very high compression via milled head (240 psi cold) and it would even ping on 99 octane gas. Since switching to VPC12 (32:1 Klotz) it seems to have been running very good so I'm even more surprised to see this goofiness on the plug.

I'll be yanking the head soon just to take a peek in there, but does anyone have an idea of what this may be?

Micah

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom