Red_Rider&Co

Apr 20, 2008
Any 1 have any recommendations for carrying spare spark plugs on bike (CR250R) instead of in your pocket? I have seen make shift carriers attached to handle bars before, I have since went brain dead and can't come up with anything. Thanks in advance! John

Red_Rider&Co

Apr 20, 2008
Everything. the one I saw had like rubber boots out of plug sockets or something. not sure but they were fixed good to the bars, maybe by zips ties or something. Maybe a backpak will be best

motoman880

Feb 2, 2007
If you dont mind rednecking it i would say mabye get a fanney pack and if u dont want to wear it put it on ur hndle bars but i think riding wit a pack would get in the way

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
the spark plug won't do you much good without a wrench. Where do you carry the wrench?

Try using a little duct tape to fasten the spare plug to the wrench. If you use Zip ties to secure the plug and wrench to the bike be sure you have a way of cutting the Zip tie.

freakystyley

Nov 27, 2006
I always dumped a few plugs and a wrench into a zip lock bag and duck taped it to the bars. not pretty but very functional until the sun cooks the tape adhesive, then it is kind of gooey. I bit the bullet and spent $15 like the above poster on a fender bag, has been great and mess free! I have seen some mount on top of the rear fender too, but I like to see it incase it would ever loosen up.

Red_Rider&Co

Apr 20, 2008
Thanks for all the info guys. I bought a plug caddy($2) yesterday at the local shop and will look in to a fender bag. Wife bought a cheap back pack this am so i will use that until I get something better. Just trying out this 2 wheel thing as it has been years since I road 2 wheels, predominantly a atv'er. Price was right so i put a new top end in and its now ready to break in. Cheers!

Top Bottom