Dragonfly

May 8, 2002
I run a BR8ES in my 01 220, Others run a 7. It depends on your riding style I guess. I had fouling troubles with the BR9ES. Now with the 8 no troubles ever. I'm sure you could run a non-resistor with no noticable effects. But I would'nt want to mess with my electronics, so I stick with the Resistor. (course all this is just my experiance nothing professional said here)

fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
no you dont want to run with out a resistor what are you trying to save money the plug diffrence is only what 30 cents.. dragonfly is right on br8es is a good plug kawasaki stock plud for kdx 200 or 220. remember the lower the number the hotter the plug. also if you go to hot of a plug in cold weather where the air is more dense or thin you can put a nice hole in your piston... hope this helps

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A fine wire plug will fire under less desirable conditions than a fat (standard) wire nickel electrode plug.

A well jetted bike is the best defense against plug problems (fouling and such). Seeing as few bikes are (well jetted that is), a bit of 'safety' on the plug side may be considered worthwhile.

So...while there isn't anything WRONG with an ES plug, the EG will work better in worse conditions (like too rich jetting).

NGK advises against any projected tip plug in the kdx. An NGK tech told me that his desk was full of letters from riders expecting NGK to fix their bikes because a broken projected tip plug caused their grief.

The answer to requests of that sort was of course, 'NO!'

Non 'R' plugs have been known to cause problems in some CDIs. Not specifically the kdx. Still, it's cheap insurance to run an 'R'. If it's a matter of walk for 5 miles or run a non-resistor plug for awhile....don't worry about it.

Top Bottom