Coming to MWSF '01 ?

• No Doubt!

Votes: 49 43.4%
  • Pretty Sure

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • I hope to

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • No Way! Can't, Won't, Nah gonna do it!

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
hope to!

just depends if spuds # 1 & 2 bikes are running ? and if I sucked up enough to momma. and she lets me go?

chadk01

Sponsoring Member
Aug 19, 2000
Bone and I are there!! No question about it. Vacation already scheduled!! :) :cool:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
After having so much fun last year, I wouldn't miss it for anything. I'll be out of vacation time after my trip to Grenada, but I'll take days off witout pay for Spodefest.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Hmmm,...I thought I did this already, ..may have been a different thread. Yes, the Shaw520 camp will be there, at present time, it looks like 4-6 riders(spodes). Maybe 1 or 2 non-riders,(support team).
I hope BWalker parks his bros KTM at our camp again,(so it looks like we got alot of orange bikes)! :D

rayovac

Aug 28, 2000
The Black Trailer full of "RED" is gonna be there. Probably 4 or 5 of us.... But I only voted once. Got two Hotel rooms about a month ago....:)

Hope to have more fun this year without the Broken Toe!

RayoVac

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
"VintageDirt" what's the secret?? ;-)

Originally posted by VintageDirt
"I wish my wife was into bikes. She's skeered of 'em. I don't know how I'm going to get my kids (daughter 6 & son 3) started. I'm hatching a plan..."

Hey! Whatever your "plan" is, let me know if it works! :D
My wife's the same way. Can't even get her to be a passenger on "Ol' Flash".
(maybe she's hinting to me as to what she thinks of my riding skills..... :eek:
I'd like to try out this "spodefest" thing too, but it's just too far for my situation this year. :(
Maybe next year.................

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
i hope to be there. i might ride up w/ smb_racing and end up at least watching. i don't think my present bike will ever ride again, at least in the next 6 months. i hope to meet everyone i have met on here. see yall soon

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
go time!

ok folks, i'm new to DRN, but i talked with dhoward[lives in my neck of the woods] and he gave me the skinny, and i thought, what a hoot!! just got done doin the AMA on line thingy so's i can plays wit ya all! Now all i gots ta do is figya out how ima a gonna git my travel traila and my scooter togetha to dis place! dont know ifs i should bring my marry snuggles or bring some more stinky boys.:D anyone comin through st lou?
I am thinkin about leavin on friday, can't leave the gurlies at work for too long, they might break sumthin!
a night time poker run! that alone sounds like a blast!
Rick:cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
What did he say?

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

I think it means that he is planning on joining us at the MWSF'01. Better no tell Rich ... It might scare him away again this year!:scream:

wrench

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Some peeps jist type like dey talk.
Or this site is more racially diverse than I thought.

I don't know if I was supposed to reply to this thread to let you all know that I was planning on attending but I guess I will just in case. (sorry about the run on sentence)

I plan on being there about Wendsday untill whatever day things start to wind down. Bringing 1 riding buddy (super spode) and my (no bike havin, but wantin one bad) woman. If we hit the lotto before the fest, she will be riding also.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Okie:
It was Missouri Kaw rider code. As a former "Greennie"
rider you should know this?

Translation:
" I hunkered on the porch wit my cuzzin DHoward -
he said it was a real hum- dinger of a hoot-ten-nanny ,
gAr-ran - teeed ta shake the coon hounds out from unda da porch.
So I'll be thar !! but can't decide on bringing the wife-
or instead bring my brothers Daryle,Daryale and Darrael and my other brother Ivan"

Get it now?
;)

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
a humble gnarlykaw.....

LOL! what a translation!
Yeah, I'm goin, and no, I dont talk like that.....jeeze
just alittle pumped about it. Hope i didn't offend anyone.
{a humble green rider taps it in first gear, and rolls away slowly to my campsite}:(

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Gnarlykaw-
lol
Glad you can make it..bring the whole crew!

Trust me you offended noone--

thats Rich's job.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I'd love to come, but....

Mapquest says this is going to be a loooong drive..

TOTAL ESTIMATED TIME: TOTAL DISTANCE:
11 hours, 56 minutes 657.0 miles ( 1057.3km)

Ouch.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
C'Mon Hucker, it ain't that far:)
Mapquest tells me I've got a Total Route of 986 miles from lil' Rhode Island. With an estimated driving time of 15 hrs 53 mins.
11 hours is a cakewalk! :p ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Let's see...

Last Year we had:
380EXEman drives 2 days each way (3,600 total?), with a KTM 380 stuffed in a Neon... (no kidding!)
GospeedRacer comes from Kalifornia
New Yorker's all over the place
Too many Texans make the trek...
Canadian Dave this year
World Wide Racer coming in from Japan :)

12 hours? You'd be WAY down on the list of farthest traveled. Leave at 6am, be in dirtbike heaven by 6 PM? Piece of cake. But hey... if you want to miss the most fun you could possibly have on two wheels... :eek:

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Let's not forget....

The SUTHIN' continjuntz got ta Familiaryse thumselfs wit da local huspitles ...... GA = Tew entrantz = wun cet a browcun reebs...
AL = Mo theen wun beeg tow = wun cet uh crakeled reebs!!!

Thank the Dirt Gods that I ken reed un ryte so's I cood geet me driven licunz, ana geetz thum feexd up.:confused:

Can't wait for this years event!

wrench

wrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Go to the Falme board and read my post on the Tabacco thread ... there won't be anymore "photo's" with a cig this year.
Also ... note thatI crashed more than anyone .... yet I DID NOT NEED THE HOSPITAL! Doohh ..Timr!

Here is the trick to crashing without injury ...... Just Put Gospeed, shiftless, Scooter, Wendy (oops I can't remember all the other "lookers" names) in the turn. If you crash and are a real man, you won't DARE show the pain and just go home to lick your wounds!!!!

You'd never think from that Pic that I had two broken legs, three "ripped ligaments, four broken vertabrae, dislocated shoulder, swollen (well,we won't say what!), and that was only after the ride with Gospeed in the woods! I tried everyting to keep up with her! When she finally slowed down ... I just said ..."Is that all you got!" :confused: :p

wrench

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
657 miles huh! That will get me to the east side of New Mexico! So when are you going to have the fest in Tucumcari Okie!:D I'm looking at somewhere around 5000 miles for this trip. Actually, 700 less than last years journey. So it's just a hop, skip, and one loooong jump!:cool:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Fine, after talking to my riding buddy, he said, if he's not doing anything REALLY important that week, we will drive the 12 or so hours it takes to get down there.

So watch out for the CANADIAN boys, not saying we are any good, but we sure are patriotic :)

This is going to be a blast.......

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
for Hucker... :)

...and now for something completely different...

My sister-in law finally saw the cast on my arm yesterday, and gave me her disapproving glare.
Like a snake spitting it's venom she says " You're not still planning on going to that 'dirtbike' thing in Sept. are you?"

:think
"Yup!" :)

She walks away.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Wow, what a drive. Mapquest says it's a 40-hour, 2200 mile drive. :eek:

I'd really, really like to go though! That is a heck of a lot of driving. How far is it from NY or Texas? Who is going the furthest? I see a lot of Illinois and Ohio people saying they're going, a New Yorker and a maybe from GSR. Hmmm. If I convince Steve to go, we'll have to take his 5 mpg motorhome. That could be expensive. Or I could try to cram 2 people, 2 bikes, and all the relative gear and camping equipment into my standard cab Toyota. :eek: I'm still trying to figure out a way to get there though! Van rental? Hmmm . . .

Anybody else heading over from the western side of the country?

Note to self: get stereo in truck before Dirtweek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom