Coming to MWSF '01 ?

• No Doubt!

Votes: 49 43.4%
  • Pretty Sure

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • I hope to

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • No Way! Can't, Won't, Nah gonna do it!

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
firecracker take the Toyota all your stuff will fit no problem. Trust me....... If you want I could give you some packing tips:cool:

I made the trip out to Illinois last year from Idaho and this is what I took..

My 380, gas can, tool box, gear bag, bike stand, dry box (with extra filters,chain, sprockets, chain lube, 2-stroke oil, cleaning supplies), Camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, foam mattress, pillow, Coleman stove, Coleman fuel, eating utensils). I also had a sports bag with my extra clothes and personal items.

All this fit IN my 1995 Dodge Neon..................

I bet Okie would loan you a cooler.......;)

xrsforever

Nov 2, 2000
Would love to go,but Four Stroke Nationals are that weekend in Floresville,Tx.(south of San Antonio)

Last edited:

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Thanks for the correction. I'm hoping to make it. If I do come it will probably be on Friday. It's hard to justify taking my kid out of school for even 1 day but I'm considering it to come on Friday and leave Sunday. What is going on there on Friday?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by KXKen
It's hard to justify taking my kid out of school for even 1 day but I'm considering it to come on Friday and leave Sunday.
Not really just look at it as a chance to learn from people from all over the US, Canada,And Japan (?) about real life. right now our plan is for the kid to miss Friday at school but if mom can get off work Thursday he just may be sick an extra day.:eek:

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by oldguy

Not really just look at it as a chance to learn from people from all over the US, Canada,And Japan (?) about real life. right now our plan is for the kid to miss Friday at school but if mom can get off work Thursday he just may be sick an extra day.:eek:

Thanks for the encouraging words Oldguy. I'm going to get my check out in the next 2 weeks sometime. It's sounds like allot of fun.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I'm wondering if anyone knows the rule about bringing alcohol into the moto-park?? I'm planning on bringing a bunch of good old Canadian brew with me, and really don't feel like getting hassled at the gate.

I might just forget the cases altogether and bring a 1/2 keg or something..

All free of course to DRN members :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bring it in cans. DRN can't have anything to do with offering it, but no one can stop you from bringing it. JUST DON'T BRING GLASS.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Yeah, I wasn't planning on bringing glass, to much clean up. I'll probably end up getting a keg, and by no means would I want DRN affiliated with it/or drinking/or whatever.

Atleast I can expect you to be the first in line :)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Grrrrrrrrr
Today is my decision day...

Between the separated shoulder, the new KX500, & my commitment to race the entire Best in the Desert series in 2002 I will not be going.
After reading about everything that went on last year I told myself that I **was** going, no matter what.

I expect, no demand ther be daily updates :p

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hope to konw after this weekend!

GSR and I will be riding at Kennedy Meadows this weekend with Kiwi, Chris, The Eel, Bombardier, the Worm and a few others and we are going to talk about 'my plan'. Hopefully we will pull Kiwi's trailer with my truck. GSR will fly out while Kiwi and I leave two days sooner and drive out. Kiwi wants to take 2 bikes so I think we will have room for two more people (that'd be 5 bikes & gear bags etc). The Eel, Thumbs and a few others expressed interest so hopefully next week we can add 5 more to the registered list.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
TTRGuy, definitely would like to talk to you about this, I need to make a few calls though so I will get back to you in a few.

Billy

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I am just guessing but IF the Kiwi decides to join this venture (or anyone else with a toybox) we can probably get 5 maybe 6 bikes in the trailer and could probably still get 2 in the truck..... I need to look at weights (trailer, 6-8 bikes, 6 or so gear bags, etc) to see how much we could haul but I don't think 7 bikes is out of the question. 8 might be pushing it.. Right now (if the Kiwi goes for it) we are looking at 4 bike positions already spoken for. The Eel, MxBundy and Thumbs all talked about being interested but it'll be a first commit type thing....

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Either the server is down or something else is wrong, but the links for spodefest dont work. When and where is this event???

OK....dirtweek works. WOW cool.....right in my back yard practically!!!

Last edited:

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Hogwylde, Welcome to DRN. You are going to enjoy this site. You will also meet some very special people. Dirtweek is a great place to meet some of these folks, so hope you can join us for a day or two or three.:)

Joy

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
I am interested in going, but not by myself. Anyone swinging thru here? I'm in North central Iowa. Actually, I've only seen a few folks from Iowa on DRN...many more from IL.

The ideal way to do it would be if I could hook up with someone who had a camper....

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Hey Kevin,
Glad to see your going. Be sure and bring the BBR and show it off. We'll be there Thursday through Sat. Hopefully I won't go over the bars.:o

I still have four(maybe five) guys going with me that haven't sent in their reg. yet. I don't know why they keep farting around.

Can't wait to get there. Come on September!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, me and the youngest boy (Nic) will be there Friday & Saturday. Sending the registration in the morning.

Looking forward to a great time! :)

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
Glad to hear it Jaybird, I hope I can make it too.

I just let my wife buy a $500 dishwasher. That should help a little.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom