zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I agree with Bob and Nikki about RC's future. IF he wins SX and the MX, he will probably want to retire, going out "on top - unbeatable in championships".. IF.....He probably figures he would have the opportunity to go out, MC didnt have that chance, he got beat by RC and then his skills declined or something. Some people say "he's 24, he young", true, but he will have a time frame of so many years that he accomplished his feats. Meaning, he won a National every year in the Supercross class, JBS wont be able to say that since he lost his rookie year. Just a thought.
I also think that JS's old habits of cracking under pressure reared up that race, thus crashing the later 2 times. Being hurried and trying so hard to make up ground. I think he came in and took out MC's front wheel when he could've passed him in the next straight or corner. About MC not picking his bike up in a hurry? He was probably like "dude, you made the mistake coming in fast and crashing us, I'm not in the title chase, I'll take my time, it's yours to lose" . Obviously that is my own opinion, but I could see myself doing that if I was parttime out there.
It's obvious that JS is the fastest out there. As is JS being a future champion at the pace he is going. I just think it wont be this year. RC isn't just "the Man", he is "the GOAT" and is showing us why.
Kudos to Ivan. As much as I like or liked Langston, he should be in the supercross class with Ivan. I am pretty sure that Grant wouldn't be running up there with Ivan, but he would be respected by me more than sandbagging for another lite championship. Are they about the same age?

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
nephron said:
How can a pro program set up a front end like Stewart's? Most of the time I hear someone like myself blowharding about how some pro's setup was wrong, I roll my eyes. This one was obvious.
So between his amazing heat race, where he ran fast and flawless, and the beginning of the main, his mechanic went and screwed up his front end? :coocoo:

I think the worst thing that could have happened for James was starting next to Ricky. He tried too hard and blew the first turn. Frustration was the next worse thing. He knew he had to hang it out on that track after the first turn crash because the start was key, as it has been since they made the tracks less technical and much faster.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So between his amazing heat race, where he ran fast and flawless, and the beginning of the main, his mechanic went and screwed up his front end?
track conditions change.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
In my opinion, if JBS would have gotten out of turn 1 cleanly he would have walked away. It didnt happen, RC is still in his head and JS wanted to get passed that, but he screwed the first turn. He then proceeded to screw up again two more times.

The MC incident, if any of you and I are racing and I come from behind and knock you down or both of us down during the pass, I feel responsible. The rider coming from behind has to anticipate, they have the "visual advantage". In a typical Enduro race, I will pass more people than JS, RC, and CR will in two SX races. Some will move over, some will not, some will fall down. It happens,

By the way, as humans we will always have a reason to complain. One rider runs away, tracks are too technical, tracks are too easy, this rider is sandbagging, this rider doesnt interview well, etc.

PS. I could have stood another 30 seconds of the 30 second girl. :nener:

DRK

Dec 31, 2002
D Lafleur said:
The MC incident, if any of you and I are racing and I come from behind and knock you down or both of us down during the pass, I feel responsible. The rider coming from behind has to anticipate, they have the "visual advantage".

Agree completely. I probably watched the crash 10 times. Clearly JBS fault. He was over anxious to get back up to the front and was riding too aggressively. Could have easily finished third if he would have played it a little smarter with MC.

JBS was amazing to watch in the whoops during his heat race.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
It must be hard being a Stewart fan, having to come up with new excuses all the time, taking comfort in heat race wins and fast lap times. Years ago, Roger DeCoster was racing over here in the Trans-AMA races or something, and during practice, Rocket Rex Staten went out, put in a fast lap, and smoked past Roger. One spectator turned to another and said, "Well, I guess Rex won practice." Roger went on to win the race later that day.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
JMD said:
It must be hard being a Stewart fan, having to come up with new excuses all the time, taking comfort in heat race wins and fast lap times.

The guy has won 4 of the 7 SX's he's lined up for this season, in case you've forgotten that's one more than the 3 Carmichael has claimed :coocoo: He is in third place in points one point out of second, doesn't seem to me it would be too hard to find things to take comfort in for his fans.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Chili said:
The guy has won 4 of the 7 SX's he's lined up for this season, in case you've forgotten that's one more than the 3 Carmichael has claimed :coocoo: He is in third place in points one point out of second, doesn't seem to me it would be too hard to find things to take comfort in for his fans.

I agree Chili, the guy does ride like the wind, and he has some great finishes. If he could turn off the anxiety, RC would get accustomed to standing on the short box. We have seen him win practice too many times.

I am actually a RC fan, always have been, even when the majority was singing MC's tune.
(Pred :nener: )

RC has the determination of a Chihuahua on a leash. (Sorry Carlos)

Last edited:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
D Lafleur said:
RC has the determination of a Chihuahua on a leash.

:laugh: :cool:

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I for one am pretty excited about all the action. JBS showed he can dominate, but also showed in two races his inability to keep it together which gives hope to the others.

Reed is showing great heart by pulling consistant 2nd places and NOT throwing the title away at San Francisco.

RC....he's coming out on top. But in his heat we saw him coming out of a turn wild and coming up short on a triple which could have been a lot worse. Mistakes like these can happen to anyone and in a Main event can really equalize things.

I'm confident that RC will have at least some kind of problem before the end of the series that costs him a few positions. The key is for the other's who are in battle for the title to capitalize on it.

Micah

P.S. The way JBS screamed by Reed in the heat....I agree. He should have just waited to pass McGrath after the turn. You take risks like that when you are battling up front, not slicing through the pack.

Top Bottom