R. Phillips

Sep 10, 2002
I've had my 01' kdx 220 (all stock) for 3 months, and it never seemed to run like I thought it should. I posted a plug fouling thread and got great advise. I re-jetted to a 142 main and 38 pilot, 2nd clip.

All this helped the fouling, but it seemed like the bridle was still pulled back a bit.

Well my new Pro Circuit pipe and silencer came in yesterday. (my wife said I was acting like a kid)
I put it on and guess what...... my air screw revved up at 1 1/4 turns out, compaired to 2 to 3 turns before. I knew something wonderful was about to happen.

After a short warmup, my little green baby decided to show me what I been missin.
I could hardly stay on the seat. Front tire was coming up thru 5th gear. Power band was kicking like a mad man. It seemed like the power and rev's had no limit. I actually had to let off a little (sheered me).
Don't think that I'm a green horn and have never been on a fast bike. I rode RM's, YZ's ect. before I settled on the kdx. This was different. Seemed like the bike was alive, and wanted to impress me.

Boys............ if this is what you guys call "spot on" then I think I got it. Sweeeeet :thumb:
I can't imagine what additional mods will do. Can't wait.

Thanks for all your help. Maybe some day when I learn "allot" more about my bike, I can give some good advise to some new rider.

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
I'd take a close look at the pipe you took off. I'd suspect a restriction right at the pipe inlet or in the muffler. Sounds like it was a bit of a dog before. Have a ball.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Great to hear it!!!

Now that you're familiar with jetting (having rejetted to the stock exhaust), you'll be doing it again with your new stuff, right? Good idea to check it out.

Ha! Wait'll you strap on a 36mm carb!! You've got ron black's (RB designs) contact info, right???

re: 'acting like a kid.....'

That's a good thing, right???

Top Bottom