MotoBK

Dec 5, 2009
I have been looking at what springs I need to get my bike set up for my weight...I am 250ish. There is a bit of a difference between the rear spring the RaceTech recommends and the rate the FRP recommends. Fredette Racing recommends less of a spring for any given weight. I view both of them as people that know suspension. Has anyone else looked at this.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Does RaceTech base the spring rate on the type of riding you plan to do?

I would imagine you would want a softer spring for woods over motocross. Perhaps that's where the difference is coming from?

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
I have always felt good about talking to Fredette on the phone. I say give him a call and ask him why there is a difference, and what he thinks would work best for you. He has always returned my calls when I have left a message. Dave

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
If your not doing 40 foot jumps go with Jeff, and do everything he says not just the spring rate. What he recommends sounds soft but I wouldn't second guess his experience, knowledge, results or abilities.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I went with the FRP specs and I ride mostly woods but when there is opertunity for air I go for it and the 38's FRP recomends for my wieght will bottom out I am 185lbs dressed out

durhamtownjump-1.jpg

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
Yeh I remember that pic', you're the other nutcase besides me. .42 minimum rate for you with oil height at maximum I would think, still very happy using air in mine.
Done a group trailride with all late model bikes on Sunday, my steel tanked heavyweight surprised again with its performance.

Last edited:

MotoBK

Dec 5, 2009
Yes, it gives you the choice between a couple of types of riding. You chose between
Desert / Enduro / Trail, Motocross, Arenacross, or Supercross. I choose D/E/T.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
still at 250lbs you'll probably best at 46 anyhow frp says 42 rachtech says 48 cant hurt to go in the middle.

on the rear frp say 5.4 and race tech says 5.2 if it were me I'd do the 5.4

you could try to set the sag on the rear and see what you come up with in all the istructions they have recomendations search setting the sag

Top Bottom