02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
I have a 02 yz 426 and my son has been riding a 250f and wants to ride my this weekend. He is roughly 120 pounds and 5'6. He has ridden it before and complained of the stiffness of the shocks. It is on the stock settings. What should I set the rear and front settings for the springs so he can ride more comfortably.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
No book ?

02yz426f said:
Should I try to sag it 110 mm if possible? What numbers are most feasable?
Outside I think its like 4 inches and inside 3,and I don't know on the static sag, I don't think it will work with that light of a rider, If you could get the back close you aren't gonna get the front!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
At DW 04 my kid's 125 locked up the first day we were there. While I was getting it fixed he was riding my 250 which is sprung way heavier than he would need. I got the sag as close as I could and then backed off the comp and rebound to the softest settings both front and rear. Never seemed to slow him down much.

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
Well I had my son get on the bike with as much gear and stuff on him as possible to add some weight, and with the stock suspension settings, it had a WHOPPING 30mm of sag. Is the rule for all riders that you want close to 100-110 mm of sag? What exactly does the sag help do? I will soften it up to get closer to that magic 110 mm number. How much should i let the front sag? Thanks again for the help

Top Bottom