Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I have decided it time for new sprokets and chain. I have always liked a sunstar DID combo, always worked and lasted much longer than other people with renthal setups. My conflict is Rockymountain had a killer price on the DID chain I want, but do not sell sunstart sprokets. However they sell titax, which I never heard of until they were in RM. I have a titax product, and Al. throttle tube, which seems to be a very high quality piece. My question is has anyone used titax sprokets? I do not know if I should try them or find a place with sunstars and a decent price on the DID chain?

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I had asked the same question a couple months ago and it seemed like the people that responded said they were as good as renthals? So i got em' only have a couple rides on them though, seem to be good quality and the price is right. I think it was MikeT who said he's been using them for a while?

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
ya they definatly have a good price, the only thing stopping me is that if they wear out fast I will end up junking my 70$ chain when i have to replace them. ANyone else run titax?
What kind of x-ring?

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I have been running a Titax on my YZ 250. I bought it when the sprokets came out. Probably 6 months ago...The stuff is just fine. The teeth are holding up quite a bit better than the renthal I had previously and are much more heavy duty. This is the aluminum rear. The stainless looks nice, but I have not tried it.

The Titax front is very well made. There is quite a bit of machining done to the front sproket vs the typical budget stuff.

I keep my chain (Did Gold) and sprokets clean and lubed. I will continue to buy the Titax stuff. I see no reason not to.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
excelent, ya I though they would be good by the quality of the tube, and its definatly durable, I tested it last weekend. Maybe sunstar and renthal have someone for cometition.

RickinNC

Jul 18, 2001
I've got about 200 miles on a set of Titax sprockets with the DID Xring chain...much of it through heavy mud. And the Stainless rear is still looking like new, front shows very little wear. If the wear keeps up like this I'll definitely be staying with Titax.
BTW they're made in Russia, I think.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom