Nverfastenuf

May 4, 2001
Hey out there, whats the definition of a squid??? Hey BCRBob, would that move of yours at the last National qaulify you as a squid???? I think landing in a tree qualifies you!!:p :p Maybe we can get some other "definitions" of squid moves!!:scream: :scream:

BCR-Bob

Sponsoring Member
Mar 8, 2001
Yes, but only because the tree lived. If you break the tree, you get extra points. :p BTW Nvr, doesn't getting so nervous before a race that you put your jersey on inside out make you a squid?:cool:

John Curea

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 29, 2000
Its all relative my friend.........
All depends on who you go riding with at any giving day........If you happen to be the most talented of the immediate bunch, you are usually labeled as the "fast guy"
Or if you are "LUCKY" as I usually am are one of the slower guys in the bunch you are deemed a "SQUID". I say lucky because I get to hang with guys who are usually faster than I, therefore I get the pleasure of working with someone who can get me faster. The "fast" guys unfortunately dont have anyone to push them, therefore the only pleasure they get is smokin' me!!

Its all how you look at it..........Or as I said "Its all Relative"!!
Take Care, Vet

Nverfastenuf

May 4, 2001
Yes Vet, it is relative, but everyrider on earth has "squidded" out at one time or another. I myself don't refer to the slowest rider being a squid although I know some do. There is always someone trying to put someone down for being slower and I dont think that is appropriate. I have ridden with some of the fastest in the land and they normally don't deem slower riders squids! This thread is about silly things that we've done and how we can laugh them off and look forward to the next ride. ;) ;)

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
We're all squids compared to RC, MC, Yogi, Langston, Pastrana, etc. or until you can qualify for a National or SX.

We're all TEAM CALAMARY!! ;)

BTW, Pastrana wheelies all the time... is he a squid?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I think 'squid' originated in the '80s, (I remember it at least that far back), and was originally used to decribe a rider with very little skill. (Nothing to do with speed.) Because these unskilled riders tend to flop around on their bikes like some spineless creature out of water,they garnered the nick-name, 'squid.':confused:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
That's what I thought a squid was too, ktmboy. A squid also chops the throttle about 1/4 way up the double jump and rolls like heck on the rest of the two hills. :)
There are other terms to describe wheelie popping show-offs, but I don't think "squid" is one of em.
Hey....I AM a squid!:confused:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
My interpretation of SQUID is exactly the same as KTMboys',..... except I remember the term being used as far back as the early 70's. ;)

calamari racer

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2001
I don't have the username "calamari racer" for nothing. I've worked just as hard as MC or RC for that title. You think it's easy to overshoot a high-banked corner not knowing what's on the other side?:confused:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
move this thread!

IMHO this thread is too good/funny not to share with our Jap bike riding friends! s there any way you could get this moved Mr. Moderator sir? (Politely begging.):D

Nverfastenuf

May 4, 2001
Re: move this thread!

Originally posted by ktmboy
IMHO this thread is too good/funny not to share with our Jap bike riding friends! s there any way you could get this moved Mr. Moderator sir? (Politely begging.):D
HOW'S ABOUT IT OAKIE??? Let's invite everyone in on the fun!!!:confused: :confused:

W.P.EXC

Nov 30, 2000
Does this qualify?

I'm on my way home last night when I hear a large two stroke screaming down the road. I finally see him as he tears by us on his p.o.s. vintage YZ 490 or somethin like that. He is wearing riding boots with shorts, a t-shirt and no helmet or even eye protection, not to mention of course the bike isn't street legal! I live in a smaller mountain community so can you guess how many tree huggers live here? They love it when some a$$hole does somehting like this. Sure glad he's representing me and you.:p

Nverfastenuf

May 4, 2001
Talk about misrepresentation!! Actions like that really enable the other "factions" to take the ball and run with it!!:eek: Hey BCRBob, anymore tree moves from this past weekend??? Hopefully no more trees! Maybe soon there will be some others whacked out mishaps on this thread. I don't have any right now because of the you know what!!!

BCR-Bob

Sponsoring Member
Mar 8, 2001
No Tree-Squid moves last weekend, but I did seem to start developing a Dust-Squid thing. Now that I think of it, do you think there is a species called Dust-Squid? I'm pretty sure that one of them was riding my bike the last 10 miles of the race. Excuse me now while I cough up some more Utah dirt.

Nverfastenuf

May 4, 2001
Yea, thats it. DUST-SQUID. Funny how it makes you do really goofy things at the end of a race!:scream: :scream: After the race where does all the dust go??? I guess your body assimilates it and after awhile you become a DUST-SQUID. Good reason to ride in front.:cool: :cool:

BCR-Bob

Sponsoring Member
Mar 8, 2001
I think I found a new species. What would you call the rider who falls and gets soaked by his spare fuel container, then proceeds to strip down and wash himself off in a 2" deep puddle of water in the slickrock? Any thoughts Nver? Fuel-Squid?:cool:

Nverfastenuf

May 4, 2001
Hey, you can't prove that. If I wasn't having to ride that little 250RM and trying to keep up with your big KATOOM, (those new Suzi's like the fuel when on the main) I would possibly not have "SQUIDDED" out on the slickrock. Had you been a little considerate and waited while I put my extra fuel in the bike, I would not have fallen with the fuel on my fanny pack. But NOOOOO! You just roosted on.:p :think

Top Bottom