holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Well, I decided to get off my lazy arse and and do a little riding this morning (cool weather had a lot to do with it).

I had initially planned on the Blazen Trails enduro, but wasn't sure if it was going to be a timekeeper (read: fun) or if I was going to travel all that way just to be stranded in a rock pile. :bang:

A quick check of the Glen Helen website revealed that SRA was having one of their many GP races at Glen Helen (and it's real close).

The races were 45 minutes long and had a fair amount of loose dirt/sand and rocks. It even had a farly gnarly uphill/downhill - not difficult by enduro standards, but a nice addition. $10 gate fee and $25 to race (AMA & D37 not required).

As usual, I was slower than dirt, but I finished my first race in nearly a year and a half and I didn't crash. I even found the nads to jump a little 15 foot double on the last lap. :yeehaw:

Now I'll probably have to read about how great the Blazen Trails was (or not). :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds cool Hole, even better after what happened to you last year. Good to hear you're doing better, look forward to riding with you again.
Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
holeshot said:
my first race in nearly a year and a half and I didn't crash. I even found the nads to jump a little 15 foot double on the last lap. :yeehaw:
QUOTE]

That's great Ron. :cool:

It's good to have you back in action. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
holeshot said:
......I even found the nads to jump a little 15 foot double on the last lap. :yeehaw:

Nads is right! The only doubles I'll do is called jumping two whoops in a row on the trail! Congrats! :worship:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I've been wanting to enter one of these. It sounds like you you just show up and sign up, right? Anything special I need to know?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
scar tissue said:
I've been wanting to enter one of these. It sounds like you you just show up and sign up, right? Anything special I need to know?

That's all you do if you pie plate (non SRA member). They hand you a number at sign-up (just bring duct tape).

There are several different age and displacement classes, but there are no displacement classes within age classes.

No "big jumps" on the course (the double I was talking about was very mellow) and the portion of the course joining the partial moto tracks had the "offroad" type characteristics. One of the hills from the National was used, but I don't know if they get to use it for all races.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom