gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Well I bought my SST pipe a while back and the SST silencer, since the year of my bike needed it so they say,but they question is they sent me a Power Core 2 silencer with a SST sticker on it.I didn't think of it much, but this past week I noticed on all the websites and peoples bikes that they have a SST shorty silencer.When I bought mine I didn't have a choice of either one and have not found a place yet to buy a SST Power Core 2 silencer.Did I get ripped off or did they just quit making them or something?:eek: :scream: :think

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Contact FMF directly or check out the part #'s to check to see exactly what silencer you got. I thought there was the power core II sst and the power core II sst shorty. I think you can look up the part #'s on the website.

NC514

Oct 20, 2001
SST Silencer dilemma.

I thought a shorty was called for w/SST pipe also, but I recieved FMF's catalog last year and in it, it said on some models different applications may be required. I have a friend he's sponsored through FMF he ordered the SST straight from them he got the PC 2 silencer with SSt sticker. I asked him about and he said that's what the call for on his 01 YZ 125. I ride a 02 CR 125, i noticed while i was at the Branson Amatuer National an intermediate rider already had an SST on one of his new CR 125's. It had a short silencer on it. I haven't tried it I would like to though...I asked the kids dad how his son liked the SST pipe on his 02 CR 125. his reply was " He's riding his stock bike in the mod class" Of course jetting could've been off and many other variables could be taken into consideration.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom