Stainless brakeline

Tamean

~SPONSOR~
Jan 27, 2001
Will a front stainless brakeline for a KLX300 work on my 94' KDX200? None of the dealers around me can get the KDX SS line in. One dealer has a KX, KLR, and a KLX line. The KLX and the KDX lines look the same on the parts diagrams, but the part numbers aren't the same. Or could I somehow mount the KX one?

Thanks,
Tamean

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Or, hit the yellow pages. Most metro areas will have a few places that will "make" you a line for your specs. I ended up doing this on my wr500 when I was unable to locate one for a CR style front brake routing. It took about 10 minutes (I watched) and cost $56. I just took the original line in and told him to reproduce it with SS and shorten it by 9 inches. Works well and I was able to install it that night.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I have one for the KLX on my KDX250. Just check the buy kawasaki site to check the both end fittings are the same. if they are, then you are fine. You may have a little extra length, but that is it.

The other option is Fastline Racing makes a universal CR style conversion for the brake line -- so it does not wrap around the bottom of the forks.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
www.frpoffroad.com
Ask for the russell Braided line and you'll have it in a few days.
Cheers
FT

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Only thing to remember when making them is to make sure they are long enough with the front wheel at full extension (allow some spare for top out). Also if you decide that the connector is at the wrong angle do not just loosen it off & re-tighten. There is a sacrificial ‘Olive’ that needs to be replaced or it will leak.
Again as suggested the original is the best template. Most lines these days come with plastic sheathing, imperative so any guides don’t damage the braid. Look at the guides while you are at it.
ok that's a few things.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…