99CR125OK

Sponsoring Member
Oct 3, 2000
While riding slow my bike stalls constantly. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix or minimize the stalling. When I ride it real slow (like an uncleared rocky trail with a million trees) it will stall more often than not. Usually when I give it throttle, it will kind of cough and die. Would any carb settings change this? I'm new to four-strokes so I have not yet tried to mess with the fuel screw. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

boogbeater

Sep 11, 2002
I ride enduros and hare scrambles with mine and it did the same thing the only thing I did to correct mine was idling it up and that helped some.

fox13fx

Aug 27, 2002
My uncle has his CRF on the trails and he was having the same problem, the bike was stalling like crazy and when he would get it going it would light up and breathe fire, in the most unpredictable way, what he did was he bought a 11 oz. flywheel and added the power now to counter the flywheels effect, now it works perfect... hope that helps...

greaser

Mar 7, 2002
Mine did the same thing......it is set to idle for MX , not panic stops on trail rides. Just idle it up, it won't hurt anything......just listen and idle it up maybe 5% or so . Since then , I don't stall but maybe once every other HS race. Or 2x in an enduro.

see ya

jeremym1234

~SPONSOR~
Jan 12, 2002
Check out the manual. I think it gives some carb tuning advice. Sounds like you need to adjust the air screw. On that note, you might want to invest in an aftermarket air screw you can adjust with your hand. Zip-Ty and a few others make them.

James509

Aug 27, 2003
I had the same trouble, always killing it on slow stuff. I put the Baja Designs 13 once flywheel on it and droped a tooth in the front. Made a huge difference. Since then I've added their wide raito transmission and went 3 teeth bigger on the rear. Sounds low, but with the wide raito, it still runs over 80 and makes it nice on the realy nasty stuff at Chadwick. Larry

Top Bottom