state championship series final round

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
sunday was the eighth and final round of the state mx championships. the race was held at ponca city on the same track that they use for the amatuer nationals. kendall rode pretty fast despite being a little intimidated by the grandness of the track (compared to our rinky-dink local tracks). she fell more than once in each moto yet pulled out a 5/5 for fifth overall. she earned enough points to finish fourth overall for the series in the women's class. this was her first time running the series and at age eleven she was the youngest regular competitor in her class. when we started the series, i was just hoping for a top eight (to qualify for contingency awards)...yes, i am a proud dad.

next year we're shooting for top three!

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I'm sure she'll reach that goal next year!!

Sheesh.. she fell in each moto and was back up and gone before I got around the track to her??? She must really be fast!! Or am I really that slow?
DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!! Nothing like consistency. I took 8/8 and they felt sorry enough for me to give me a plaque also!!! Unless I'm extremely mistaken, I think I may have placed 9th or 10th overall for the series. Not too bad for LOSING every race I entered!!!

It's pretty disheartening to have my bike in fourth wide open and see the rest of the pack pulling WAY ahead of me... Oh well, my TTR has lots of heart. Hopefully by next year I'll be on a bigger bike.
Congrats Kendall!!!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Good job Kendall!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by srellis
Not too bad for LOSING every race I entered!!!

Hopefully by next year I'll be on a bigger bike.

anyone that races is a winner in my book.

unfortunately, if you race, you really need a race bike. you'll really improve once you get something suitable.

hey, we just happen to have a big wheel kx 80 for sale, cheap. ridden by a girl rider. ;)

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Originally posted by mx547

If you race, you really need a race bike. you'll really improve once you get something suitable.

I'm really leaning towards a WR250F right now. I'm a little apprehensive about the weight but I still feel that a mini cycle frame is too small.

I have saved up some money so I can have my pick of bikes when I'm ready. I just haven't found something I can't live without yet....

But Thanks for the offer anyway!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom