final round oklahoma state championship-kendall

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
the final round of the oklahoma state championships was held sunday at sooner state cycle park in wellston, oklahoma. kendall had sprained her ankle playing soccer last weekend and wore an ortho boot all week. her instructions from me were, "don't stall and don't fall." i just wanted her to ride for points-she had to run one more round to be eligible for contingencies.

in the first moto, she got the last gate pick. to my surprise, all the girls picked the gates on the outside. i pushed her bike up to the gate, second from the box. i said, "this looks like a holeshot." the gate dropped and kendall pulled the holeshot, her first ever in a state race. after a couple turns, she got passed but held second for about another lap. two more girls then got by her. the top three all stayed within a couple bike lengths of each other and kendall dropped about three seconds behind them, finishing fourth. i was pleased with her result, considering the problems with her ankle.

back at the trailer, kendall told me that she was going to win the second moto. i kinda chuckled to myself but went ahead and gave her some advice on strategy, what lines to use, etc. when they lined up for the second moto, the three that finished ahead of her again picked outside gates. with a smile, i put kendall back in the same gate as the first moto. this time she pulled a huge holeshot. by the third turn, she was ten bike lengths ahead. the girl that won the first moto soon caught up to her and the race was on. kendall was riding faster than she ever has. in some sections, kendall would pull a little on her. in other sections, she would lose a little ground. on one double, kendall was clearing it easily and her pursuer was casing it every time. they were riding so hard that they pulled away from the rest of the field. kendall held her off until there was about a quarter lap left. she swapped in some braking bumps and backed off just enough to let the other girl by. kendall chased her to the checkers, finishing second. she ended up with a 4/2 for second overall. her best ever finish in a state race (her previous best was fourth overall). kendall was thrilled, as was i. the girl that beat her won the championship. now we wish the series wasn't over!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Awesome, watching your reports of late sounds like kendall is really coming into her own. This was on the 250F? she is done with the big wheel now correct?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Awesome. Like Chili I am assuming she's riding the 250F now. I figured her results would sky rocket when she got used to that thing.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Chili said:
Awesome, watching your reports of late sounds like kendall is really coming into her own. This was on the 250F? she is done with the big wheel now correct?

yeah, we sold the big wheel at loretta's. she is very confident on the 250f. and confidence=speed. she is having a great time racing and is doing very well. she can lap some of the girls that used to sometimes beat her.

its kinda scary to watch her now.

Sam27

Oct 3, 2004
My son and I were watching the second moto from the canyon. Great race. :cool: Kendall looked real comfortable on that 250f. All three girls on the 250fs were moving fast.

Top Bottom