john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
I can't for the life of me find a replacement and/or rebuild shop for the stator on my '97 ATK 260 Enduro. It's a 160W stator and possibly the culprit of some of my high-rpm stuttering (along with the ignition). Anyone have nay recommendations for a shop? (Other than buy a more common bike ;) ) Thanks in advance!

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
i dont know if a wore stator will cause high end stuttering, cause they usually wont crank if stator is out.. but the best way i found to replace stator is get the coils, plate and harness all together, very east to put on.. and not just just buy the coils which require saudering. try lookin in backs of motocross mags, websearches, bikebandit.com, your dealer, ebay, for parts.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Send it to a rewinder, could be high speed coil is burnt. Obviously check the usual stuff & swap another sparkplug coil of another CDI bike.

Do the simple stuff first. Sparkplug, Sparkplug cap, clean or replace airfilter (replace by now) Check that the coil is grounded properly. (clean plug-connector contacts, check with meter etc).

Clean carb out properly esp pilot jet (never poke with wire though). Drain old gas out & check for water replace with fresh if unsure how old.
Wouldn’t hurt to repack the muffler & see how much carbon build up is in the pipe.

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
A couple of places said they could look at it, another place said $100-150 for a rebuild. Others were like "It's a what?" I've been through the usual stuff - plug, repack muffler, air filter, etc. The carb should be fairly clean unless the floats are off but I'll check everything again. I'm leaning towards a new ignition which is $80 direct form ATK. My dealer had a 99 260 that had the same problem and an ignition remedied the problem.

Thanks for the help though.

Top Bottom