dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
I had a hard crash on Memorial day and the result of the crash made my steering crooked on my rm 250. I looked at the bars and they seem to look straight (more or less). I think it may have just knocked the steering out of alignment. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Do I have to adjust the upper and lower triple clamp to make it straight? Or do I have to adjust the steering nut to straighten it out.

Any advice would be helpful.

:bang:

offroaders

Oct 14, 2005
umm i am still new to the hole dirt bikeing thing but
what i did when i twisted my bars i just loosend the BIG nut and yanked it till it was good
this was on a rt 100

dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
when you say big nut are you refering to the steering stem nut under the handle bars?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Lossen the pinch bolts on the upper or lower tripple clamps. Adjust the bars straight, and re-torque (per the torque specs) the bolts.

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Do what Captain said. The forks probably twisted in the clamps. Loosen the pinch bolts, hold the tire with your legs and straighten out the steering.

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
It sounds to me like you probably need to loosen everything, and then re-tighten when all is realigned, but as a first step loosen the steering stem nut (big one under bar, v. tight) to free off the top clamp a bit, and if your lucky the top and bottom clamps may just spring back into alignment, but if you have already tried the old holding the front wheel between your knees and yanking on the bars without success chances are you will have to do the whole process.

dbn045

May 25, 2006
It might be possible it is just the tire. I had many hard falls and realized that my tire was bent. So to fix it just put the front tire next to something hard for example i use a tree and push it to make it straight

dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
I checked the tire and it is straight. I am going to take captian's advice and loosen every thing and hopefull that will realign it. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

Top Bottom