Steering Stem Help.

moabdaze

Aug 12, 2004
Hi,

Does anyone know of a manufacturer other than Universal that makes steering stems. The problem I am having is with a 95 CR250. The stem is trashed and went to order one thru Honda only to find it's an assembly(stem and lower clamps) for $420.00. Not going to pay that!!
I spoke with Universal who said they could cut one for me but it would be at least a month because they're cutting all their 05 stuff. Needless to say, I don't want to wait that long. Especially since we're running out of season here.
I have tried every aftermaket manufacturer I can think of. All the bigs, Emig,pro-taper,applied, universal, tag, brp, scott, and so on.
Also, if anyone has an old lower assemble that's tight and straight I would be interested in purchasing.
Thank you very much in advance for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

Dave

moabdaze

Aug 12, 2004
I've been looking on **** for about a month now and still haven't found one. In regards to what happened: My buddy I bought it from augered it into the face of a double and among other damage loosened the stem.
I had a trusted mechanic try spot welding it today and he did get it tight, but crooked as a dogs hind leg. 1/16" side slant and 3/16" forward slant. anyhow, it's not going to work and will probably have to be replaced.
Anyway, I am still looking if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm surprized that Emig Racing couldn't help you. I got one from them but it was for a newer bike. Did you actualy call them and ask or just check their web site? They have great service.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…