Stewarts Worst Nightmare or Early April Fools?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I wish RacerX would get a decent size pipe for their vids... drives me crazy.
Haven't seen it yet, but I for one would LOVE it.

But alas, "the announcement was supposed to come Sunday (as in April 1)"....

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I vote April Fools Joke. Can't trust anybody with an announcement this big, this close to April 1st. Especially with the big 5 changing their primary colours joke that already happened.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
For it to be a better April fools joke, RC should have said he was coming back full time!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
well bob, if that vid didn't work for you then it ins't my computer!

I let it load for 1/2 hour and still didn't get it all.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
Worked fine for me. Stewart is in his own realm out there right now and more than likely for a while unless his over aggressive riding style ends his career early by an ugly spill. Unlike the GOAT it's going to his head in a big way, so big he's gona end up with a bobble head. Someone needs to come in and take some of the air out of his sail and give us some toe to toe racing out there instead of the boring lap the field wins every week. :think:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I take JS as a champion for a long time,he has dominated LL for how long,then 125,now this.He is a rabid competitor,even if it is lappers.His speed and aggression gets him in situations relative to his speed.SX is gonna be a lot easier than MX,this is gonna be a good outdoor season and no # 22!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
sprocket74 said:
....and have RC come out of retirement to prove he is the GOAT

RC has NOTHING left to prove.

Since JBS joined the big boy class, RC has won 21 out of 24 nationals. And he basically did not compete in one of the 3 he did not win (Glen Helen '06).

Yeah, it would be real close this year, though, LOL.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I thought it was going not bad until Everts started talking about kicking RC's ass. Any interview I've ever seen there's no way Stefan would make a comment like that. My favorite part though is Stanton, "Well he did kick Bubba's ass" :laugh:

MXobssesed4

Aug 2, 2006
SpDyKen said:
For it to be a better April fools joke, RC should have said he was coming back full time!

After 15 championships, I dont think there's much left to prove. After 10 straight years of dominance, there not much to prove, Prove he's better than Stewart? He's done that too, his 4 titles to JBS's 0

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I hope its not an April fools, cause I've never seen Everts race in person :cool:

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
If the same guy won every Sunday in nascar and folks new their was a good chance of that person winning pratically every Sunday Nascar would lose viewers. Stewart has got it going on no dought and he works hard for it practicing every day so great for him and the Kawi team. Close fingernail biting racin is awsome and those other guys need to get with the plan and twist the throttle more.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
MXobssesed4 said:
After 15 championships, I dont think there's much left to prove. After 10 straight years of dominance, there not much to prove, Prove he's better than Stewart? He's done that too, his 4 titles to JBS's 0
Hey, MXob4, did you get that I was discussing what would make this video a "APRIL FOOL'S JOKE?" Your statement here, while mostly true, is not likely to "fool" anyone very much, right? Now, what do YOU think Ricky SHOULD have said to make this video an even better April fools joke?

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
This April fools is based on a nightmare JS had one day late last year, when an old Belgian fella near to retirement rode round the outside of him stood on the pegs and buggered off. In the post race interview Stewart mumbled something about "doing it for the team", and the old Belgian just smiled. He couldn't remember a time when he had fallen off, not tried his hardest, or let himself get beat "for the team". :boss:

Last edited:

towlie

Jun 5, 2005
I hope it's true and think that it would be interesting. No doubt JBS is the man right now but let's not forget Everts endurance - often riding the 250, 450 AND Open classes in the same day. I can't remember the last time someone here rode both classes outdoors, let alone three ( the 500 class was gone when I really started watching Motocross).

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
towlie said:
I hope it's true and think that it would be interesting. No doubt JBS is the man right now but let's not forget Everts endurance - often riding the 250, 450 AND Open classes in the same day. I can't remember the last time someone here rode both classes outdoors, let alone three ( the 500 class was gone when I really started watching Motocross).

Larocco rode both 250 and 500 in 93 (that was the last year of 500s) and he won the 500 title and was 2nd in the 250.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Okiewan said:
Somehow, I just don't think it's quite that simple.

Actually, it IS that simple. Twisting the throttle sooner and longer and then holding it later means you'll go faster than if you didn't.

Every gain in speed I ever made while roadracing was done by following that simple plan. Somehow I doubt that racing in the dirt is any different.

You'll notice that I didn't say it was easy, just that it was a simple matter of getting on the gas sooner and harder and keeping on the gas longer than the next guy. The difficult part is doing it without ending up on your head. ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
So, if I understand correctly, and correct me if I'm wrong, what I hear you saying is that "simple" and "easy", while normally synonymous in their normal usage throughout most of the English speaking world, and noticably defined as synonyms in the thesaurus, are not synonymous in this case.

I think I understand.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom