Bubba rumors from anaheim 2? (spoiler?)

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Racer X said:
...And then there was another rumor about the whole Monster deal, and that I pulled out because Monster sponsored the series. I have nothing but respect for Red Bull, they were always a good sponsor when I had them around, but I have nothing but respect for Monster, and I don’t have a problem with Monster. Yeah, the team is sponsored by Monster. I’m not sponsored by Monster, the team is, so I don’t have to hold up a can for Monster on the podium.

You’re not getting chug points.
Yeah, it doesn’t matter if I hold up a water bottle or a Monster can. So, for people to say that I pulled out of the supercross season because of Monster, that’s just ridiculous, because you don’t know how much work I put in to get ready for the season. Being the defending champ, you don’t know how good it feels to hear Erv [Braun] come out and say, “the defending supercross champion.” So for me to pull out because I have bitterness against a sponsor, that’s just ridiculous!

I’m sure the fans will understand, and I’m sure some people will still be disappointed. But that one guy with a keyboard and a bad attitude, don’t let him ruin your day.
It’s not. I wanted to talk because first of all I wanted to let everyone know how I was doing and how I miss being out there, and how I was really sad for my fans and for Kawasaki. I just wanted to let everyone know what’s going on and where my head is at. I couldn’t believe I was even in the same category as somebody quitting and faking an injury. That’s ridiculous and I can’t believe my name would come up with something like that.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
So did they move Glen Helen back to the first race of the outdoor season or is he planning on coming back for the last race?

twilliams811

Jan 2, 2008
if he is having acl reconstruction there is no way he will be ready by glen helen. that is a 6 month or more healing process. glen helen is 3 1/2 months away

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
twilliams811 said:
if he is having acl reconstruction there is no way he will be ready by glen helen. that is a 6 month or more healing process. glen helen is 3 1/2 months away

Exactly. If it's the ACL, we may not see him all summer. :(

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
twilliams811 said:
For mere mortals you are correct but.....
RC it is 4 months
JBS 4 months
Chuck Norris 1 week after doing the surgery himself
Chad Reed (the warrior) 1 hour :nener: after doing the surgery himself while racing the first moto

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
oldguy said:
For mere mortals you are correct but.....
RC it is 4 months
JBS 4 months
Chuck Norris 1 week after doing the surgery himself
Chad Reed (the warrior) 1 hour :nener: after doing the surgery himself while racing the first moto

You've got it slightly off though.... Chuck Norris would simply rip out the turn acl with his teeth. Chuck Norris does not need ACL's. :laugh:

And as for Reed, it would have to be the first heat of the night. Remember, the "warrior" does not do mx..... :laugh:

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
James definately has competed with Carmichael for the title of 'fastest rider on the planet' and some contend that the afor mentioned title belongs to James, bar none. But I believe you have to consider the test of time and the consistancy of being the fastest. One lap does not award that title, nor does one race as well as one season. You have to know your limits and think about the long term, and at Stewart's speed, as well as Carmichael's or Reed's, the smallest error can result in injury and/or crash and we have been witness to such events in his(James's) career so far. With the above in mind, McGrath would still hold the title of 'Fastest man on the planet' when it comes to Supercross. 7 time Supercross Champion and even Carmichael, the G.O.A.T can't touch that, even though when Carmichael came up to the premier class, he dominated supercross and resulted in MC not being able to win another race. Then JS comes up and puts it to Ricky, but still does not dominate him. This was some exciting racing!! And all the while, we have Chad Reed, running behind RC, then JS and RC(when they are both racing, second when only one of them are racing) but a long way ahead of the rest of the field. I think Reed knows his limits, and does not surpass them, which are still faster than 99.99% of every rider on the planet. When you look at the above senarios, you have MC, RC, CR and THEN JS contending for that title IMO, as Reed has been VERY consistant, even if it has been in 3rd when RC and JS are present. I don't think CR gets the respect he deserves. I also believe James learned from Reed, when it came to 'complaining' about injuries. If you don't say anything about them, you get more respect, even if you drop out the rest of the season. There is no doubt in my mind that Stewart can put down faster lap times and total race time than ANYONE who has ever had the priviledge of lining up at the start gate of a premier class Supercross race, but he still has several years to go, in good health, to earn the 'Fasterst Rider on the Planet' title. Meanwhile Chad Reed is still right there, in the position to be able to take advantage of any mistake, short or long term, that James makes now, or Carmichael in the past. Right now its the 'Chad Reed Show' and I sincerly hope that James makes it back(at 70% or better according to him) to add some excitment and challenge to the racing, else we are about to witness the Chad Reed era of dominance, and with his record of consistancy, it may just last a while.

At least till Villapoto comes up! :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom