Stick down shroud corner?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Anybody got any tips on how to stick down the corner of a shroud so it doesn't catch on the top of my boots? I tried 2 sided tape but it didn't really work. I can attach a picture later when I get home if that'll help.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Can you use a hairdryer to curve the offending piece permanently?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Sounds good to me, but I would insert "Heat Gun" or "Paint Stripper" instead of "Hair Dryer", less time heating the plastic. JUST REMEMBER! Up the BTU's ....Up the distance from the plastic!

My .02

Phillip

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Sounds radical but this is how I did it and it works perfect. Mind you I only needed to do this ONCE and it has never been a problem since. I took the shroud off and put it on the ground bending the offending part back in more than it needed to go. With the pressure on it, I took a propane torch, (yep a propane torch) and waved it quickly across the corner a few times until the corner started to get soft. I didn't melt it, I just got it soft enough to bend. Once it was curved in, I let it cool and put it back on the bike. Now it stays really tight against the bike and never ever catches my boot or anything else.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
LOL! Hairdryer, heat gun, propane torch - what's next, BBQ filled with gas and a buddy with the fire extinguisher?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Burn it up, man, burn it up. I really did use the propane and it did work.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…