podia

Aug 31, 2000
After a few hours of riding, the YZ fork still feel very stiff!

Fully counterclockwise at softest compression trying to break in,
I'm about 130lbs.(at bottom of the fork leg, I know what I'm doing)

The fork would swap and kick up without absorbing all those bumps
really pump me up!:ugg:

I have read from those magazine saying YZ has one of the best fork around, why is this happening?

Anyone advice?:ugg:

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
Well you are pretty light and could go 1 msize softer on fork springs. If you can't do that yet take a little oil out of them. Also make sure they are raised about 10 mm up in the triple clamps.

doc

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Podia I also have an 02yz125 and other than the yz250 that MX tech did the forks on the 125's are the best I have ever use, but I think you went the wrong way with your adjustment. I am only about 10 lbs heavier than you these are the settings I am using Comp 3 clicks out, rebound 8 clicks out and I raised the oil level to 100mm. Change your fork oil regularly and keep an eye on your fork seals. On the shock I run comp 1 click out, rebound 8 out and HSC 1.5 turns out. These settings work well for me although the rear shock does seem to fade alot towards rhe end of a moto.

podia

Aug 31, 2000
Hey Sideway, thanks for the reply!

By the way, do you know what is your revalve shim stack design?

I may want to revalve it base on your references, but revalve it lighter for me.:cool:

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Podia I use Steve @ So. Cal. Suspension Services for all my suspension work, he is an MX Tech rep. If you e-mail him or call him I am sure he could help you out. There are also alot of sharp suspension guys in this forum if you PM them they will help you.
. Play with your clickers first I think your forks are blowing through there travel with your compression turned so far out. Also if you have someone with a video camera have them video you riding then you can see exactly what your suspension is doing and adjust it properly.

podia

Aug 31, 2000
Thanks dude, I think I will zip-ty the slider and see how much it travel.

May slow down the comp 2 clicks so as to break it in properly.

:cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom