Still need help!!! 1987 KDX200 uni-trak rear suspension link bearings.

ChrisCoyle

Oct 30, 2007
I'm in the process of restoring a 1987 KDX200. Completed the trasnmission, clutch, carb and top end rebuilds. Looking for the bearing sets for the rear suspension linkage, shock, uni-trak etc. Pivot Works and All Balls don't carry them. Anybody know who might have them?

Mar 18, 2006
one person on the previous thread suggested going to a bearing store. In Canada, we have BC Bearing, among others.

Is that what "All Balls" is? Any good bearing store should be able to set you up. Probably with better quality than stock. For 1/2 the price of a motorcycle store.

Where do you think pivot works gets their stuff? They have just done all the homework for you. :blah:

Look in the phonebook under "bearings".

Last edited:

bigbolx

Dec 25, 2007
hi ChrisCoyle, allballs do a swingarm bearing and seal kit (UK importer had to special order my second kit from USA) i'll try looking in workshop for part number!!! don't know about shock bearing or rocker pivot bearing as mine are all ok! i have tried the local bearing stockist's but still haven't found a match for the swingarm to rocker linkage spherical bearing's!!! unfortunatly i think they are dealer only part's and are quite expensive!!!

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
The 1989 - 1994 KDX200 swingarm bearing kit will work for the bearings on the 1986 - 1988 models. The seals may not be the same. Compare OEM part numbers on the Kawasaki site to see if they match up. They won't work with the zerk fittings any longer. If you want to use the grease fittings (zerks), then you will have to get OEM.

On the other ones, you may have to go with OEM if you can't get a bearing store to match them up. There is no All Balls, PivotWorks, etc. kit for them.

ChrisCoyle

Oct 30, 2007
Thanks to all who replied. Looks like I'm faced with ordering from Kawasaki(most parts for the 87 KDX200 are longer available) or diassemble the existing uni-link and measure the existing bearings and try to acquire generic bearings. To those who replied with swingarm stuff....yup...knew that. :)

lumpy39us

Dec 21, 2007
cross reference

Your problems seem to be simple. I cross referenced the swingarm for a 87 with a 90, all of the part #'s are the same except the nut with the zerk fitting. Which means the only thing you have to do is use the original nut.
You can cross reference parts on kawasaki.com, owner info, parts diagram. Some KDX models even use the same parts as a KX 125.
Give it a look, hope this helps. Moose Racing makes swing arm bearings for the 1990 KDX 200.

Top Bottom