Stinkin' economy!

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Totally selfish flame!

My best riding bud and best friend works for a major finacial firm here in Denver. They decided to consolidate the company and close the Denver branch.

Now I think it's great that he is NOT unemployed, with the unemployment rate growing (Denver used to be well below the Nat'l average for unemployed) His option is to move accross the country! I'm sure New Jersey is great. but hey I'm being selfish!

Dang it, this is the guy I spend every weekend riding with, we are great freinds and this really bums me out! I have other riding buddies but not like him. He's more like my brother tha anything else.

Figures I finally get a bike with enough "go" to catch him and he moves accross the country before the snow even melts

THIS SUCKS!:think :ugg: :think

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
An improving economy is not as newsworthy as a sagging one. I have always heard that consumer spending is 2/3 of the economy so it may become a self fullfilling type of thing if the media continues the negative press.

Or, maybe they feel that GW's approval rating is too high and they are trying to influence it.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
A lot of the indicators have been showing improvement for a while but the media is not doing a very good job of reporting it.:mad:

You have no idea how true that statement is. It reminds me of the Calvin & Hobbes cartoon where Calvin is pondering the meaning of Karl Marx's statement "religion is the opiate of the masses". Then in the next frame, a caption comes off of the television saying "Karl Mark ain't seen nothing yet".

I'm telling you, 95% of what comes out of the nat'l media is complete crap from an accuracy standpoint. You will only ever hear what is intended to be heard.:silly:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom