rockchucker

Nov 17, 1999
I was at Mosier Valley MX last night and a 2000 CR125 was stolen. It was on a stand in the pits just to the south of the grandstands. Anyway this is the 4th bike in 3 weeks stolen from Mosier. I spoke with the owner of the stolen bike and he mentioned seeing someone in a van driving through the pits numerous times, but noticed the guy never got out of the vehicle. It was reported to the track owner and police. Head's up everyone. Keep an eye on your bikes. Lock them when you aren't riding them because our tracks are being cased. :|

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
most of our tracks have free admission for spectators on practice days. we are in a metromess and its not too far for theiving types to show up and take stuff.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It has happened here too. Crooks go to the tracks and drive around looking in the back of trailers and such. Then they follow the riders to there homes and come back at a later time to take the whole damn thing. 89er's son-in-law knows this all too well. Like I've said before, we have to watch out for each other and our stuff. If you feel like someone ain't acting right, step up and front the guy but be cool about it. Don't take for granted that our stuff is safe, anywhere. It's sad it has to be this way but unfortunately, it's the world we live in.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Damn! I've never thought twice about my stuff while at any track!
Gomer,
Mark told me the SETRA series has been averaging a bike stolen each weekend at the HS events. :flame:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Another scumbag strikes again. :| Call me paranoid,but I even make sure I am not followed home from the track. All of these thefts with our bikes in my opinion, comes down to drugs.

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
that's just bullcrap. you would think they would be safe at the races, but NOOOO, they gotta go and ruin it for everyone. I like the idea about fronting someone who'se acting fishy, i know i would. just last week my friend got his $300 Daimondback Venom stolen, someone cut the lock and took it. i haven't ridden my Specialized Vegas to shcool since. (i was also sick, lol) it is stupid.

bigred, are you Keith455 at ATM? i'm blitz125.

-Rob

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by limitless
yesterday , someone tore up my car and stole my stero..... while it was in my drive way.

:| that is even worse bullcrap. i hope your insurance will cover it.

my dad's Jeep had it's Bestop slashed, it's a 300 dollar soft top. they need a swift kick in the....:moon:

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
they did a couple grand in damage (broke window, slashed dash, tryed to pry the doors open, ect.) then another 1000+ for the actual stereo equipment. My insurance will cover it all, but my car was setup real nice and now it's screwed. I can't see buying another system cause if im right about who stole it, they'll be back! It does suck, but I guess I'll just have more money to spend on muh bikes. No more bump bump though :ugg: :| :whiner:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by bluerider125
that's just bullcrap. you would think they would be safe at the races, but NOOOO, they gotta go and ruin it for everyone. I like the idea about fronting someone who'se acting fishy, i know i would. just last week my friend got his $300 Daimondback Venom stolen, someone cut the lock and took it. i haven't ridden my Specialized Vegas to shcool since. (i was also sick, lol) it is stupid.

bigred, are you Keith455 at ATM? i'm blitz125.

-Rob

Yes rob that is me

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
It has happened here too. Crooks go to the tracks and drive around looking in the back of trailers and such.

Last month, at our MX club race at Glen Helen (in SoCal), somebody stole a guy's riding gear right out of the back of his van. Thankfully, these kind of things are quite rare, if you consider putting your riding stuff in your front lawn in any major city in the world.

BTW, he had some cute license plates (for an old guy). "NOMOWFO"

TRAIL

Nov 12, 2002
My friend Jeremy Reisenberg Just hot his 2003 CR 125 and 2003 tricked out XR50 stolen this weekend. He was racing arenacross in Council Bluffs. They got stolen from his locked trailer Friday night at the hotel. They cut the lock and put the XR in the trunk of a stolen car and RODE the 125 away. His friend saw a guy riding the 125 and attempted to follow him and chased him for a couple of blocks until a cop pulled him over for running a red light. the guy on the bike got away. They got a plate number off of the car........it was stolen too. He had no insurance on the bikes either.value of both bikes with mods is between9-12 Grand.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
boozer it did/does have a detachable face, but when they put it in they had to put it so far back that you couldn't get it off..... They were unable to get the deck but they did a good job of breaking it..... They hit it with a prybar.

Trail - that sux big. noone seen or heard anything in my case. Hell, I didnt even find out for almost 2 days. I wouldn't have known for even longer if they hadn't thrown the blanket that was in the trunk on the ground.

I hate thiefs!! GET A JOB and buy your own stuff!!

Last edited:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Thiefs can BURN IN HELL! :debil:
I am SO sick of my stuff getting stolen and having to watch my back every second of every day.

Roost165

Nov 18, 2002
I live in the middle of nowhere. One night me and my dad are watching tv and some loser stops on the side of the road and walks right up our garage and opens it. He never had a chance we jumped up so fast and he took off. A few days later at school I her from another kid who races had 3 quads stolen. He found all of them parked out in a field. Obviously the guy was planning on coming back. Scumbags!!!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Trail chalk up another 2 bikes to the wekend in Council Bluffs. I just got off the phone with a friend who's son was leading points in the 80 class. They got up Sunday morning ast the hotel and their 97 Dodge Ram p/u, and trailer (with 2 bikes all their tools and gear inside) were gone. Luckily another Wis rider was there to bring them home. It blew everyones weekend so bad the 2nd family got their money back and skipped racing today even tho he was in 4th overall points.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Some people just don't relize the amount of work (and money) people go through to get what they have. Weather it be a stereo system or a bike that's set-up just the way the owner likes it!

Around where I live (Indiana) there was a big theft ring that just got busted. I think they found almost a hundred bikes & quads. Score one for the good guys!

8-9 years ago:

Once we had 2 quads, that we used to do the farm work with, stolen from us. On the way back to the house I looked down and seen my dads wallet, so I say "hey dad you dropped your wallet". He checked his pocket and said no I didn't. It turns out that the thief had dropped his!! LMAO, my dad went to the guys house and gave him his wallet back. The guy was all happy and was thanking him for returning it. Right before he left he says "ohh yeah and you had better have those bikes back in my barn with a full tank of gas by the time I wake up tomorrow or I'll be back and you'll be sorry... You have a nice day now" :aj: I never laughed so hard in my life (you shoulda seen the look on the guy's face)........... I just sold those quads not to long ago. :)

Top Bottom