PZ

Sep 6, 2004
I have a 2002 RM 250 that I picked up in new condition. I am getting back in to hare scrambles after a 13 year hiatus. Reading through a back addtion of Dirt Bike the modifications to the bike included a MotoTassinari V-Force. As I do most things, I did some research and found a variety of options (V-force, Rad Valve, Boyesen pro series reeds, carbon tech and FMF).

I am an intermediate rider that weighs 185lbs. without gear. I have purchased a 13 oz. steahly flywheel weight, pro circuit works pipe and an FMF turbine core 2 silencer. I am seeking smooth tractable power without totally destroying overrev. Will one of these parts help complete the package?

Please offer some guidance.

Thank you very much.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I have always had good luck with Boyesen Power reeds. They are well priced and work.

PZ

Sep 6, 2004
Which reeds?

I have 2002 RM 250 that I picked up for hare scrambles. A back issue of Dirt Bike recommends using a V-Force for more "low to mid-range and smoother power delivery." I see that there is a Rad valve and a host of other specialty reeds out there. If I am seeking to smooth the hit, but keep the power broad throughout the rev range which reed set up?

I am also installing a 13 oz. flywheel weight, pro circuit works pipe and FMF turbine core II silencer.

Thanks.

ETS

Apr 13, 2000
I haven't had mine done yet but I would have Eric port your cylinder to meet your needs before spending alot on reeds. If anything from my past experience the reeds might add to the explosivness of the RM. I'm planning on having my 01' RM done this winter to smooth out some of the midrange.

Top Bottom