Strawberry Hill MX Race, Greenvile, SC 04-03-04

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
All different speeds. Don't wait till you think you can win it, just go and enjoy it. Look at it as a chance to ride a nicely prepped track with medical help nearby! :)

We're going up Friday night to do the early sign up, camp out, sleep late, and have a leisurely morning before the race. Let me know if you want to follow us up or save you a parking spot.

goc305

Nov 2, 2002
ok, couple of questions.
1. How many people usually grid( i am assuming i will be in 125 "D" class)?
2. how does the schedule work(registration in the morning, followed by practice, followed by races)?
3. what time do you have to be there?
I have road raced with wera for a couple of years but am new to dirt bikes.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
1. If I were you, I'd run 125D and the Unlimited Rookie class. They both will probably have 20-30 riders.

2. Gates open at 6:30 Saturday morning, signup starts at 7:00, practice starts at 9:00. It would be much more relaxed if you follow us up and camp out Friday night, though. You can sign up Friday evening from 7:00 - 9:00 and them sleep in Saturday. I'll be doing hamburgers on the grill Friday night and coffee Saturday morning.

There will be 10 - 12 practice sessions. If you sign up for two classes, you will get two practice sessions. Maybe #3 for 125D and #7 for Unl. Rookie (3 and 7 just used for illustrative purposes. They will have the practice schedule posted when you sign up).

They they run 20 or so qualifier motos. They call them qualifiers because (even though everyone qualifies) the results from the qualifier are used for gate pick in the main event. The main counts for everything so a last in the qualifier and a first in the main is a first. They usually run 3 lap qualifiers and 5 lap main events.

Not likely for those two classes (since they are the largest), but if they run multiple classes in the same moto, they might do a staggered start. By that I mean, they might drop the gate and let the +35 riders go, then reset the gate, and then let the +25 riders go.

3. I would shoot for 6:30 Saturday morning so you're not rushed. Ideally, I'd aim for 8:00 Friday night.

goc305

Nov 2, 2002
Awesome!!! that is exactly what i need to know to go racing. unfortunately, i had promised my brother that we would do the first motocross race together, and he cant be there this weekend. I will end up at tnt practising so that i wont be a danger to anyone out there. thanks for your help.

goc305

Nov 2, 2002
you have probably seen me around. black gmc truck with 3 bikes(one bike on ole yeller-trailer). I looped out my yz 125 two weekends ago, so everyone go to see me pushing my bike up the hill....:)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
There was a decent turnout. I had a great time with all of our friends Saturday, but had a better time riding Sunday with Danny, Whyzee, and James.

It also helped that I finally was able to somewhat consistently make the double by the spectator area on the track.

Did you make it Sunday? I didn't see you. How about this coming weekend? Parker Valley on Saturday and TNT on Sunday!

goc305

Nov 2, 2002
everybody that I was with wanted to go to Dogwood Hollow and check it out on sunday, so I was at the mercy of the mob:) This weekend is going to be tough to get any riding in at all(out of town visiting family). :think:

Top Bottom