Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Well we did a leisurely 90 mile cruise this afternoon and both of us thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I can see the street thing having an allure with a real nice cruiser down the road.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Chili said:
Well we did a leisurely 90 mile cruise this afternoon and both of us thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I can see the street thing having an allure with a real nice cruiser down the road.

ChopperChili :yikes:

I do like the bike you got it has that good clean appeal and looks like great condition. Bring it down here I have some great roads to ride

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
No not at this time. Over time I could see a natural progression leading to more woods riding and less MX but I'll likely always have an off road bike as long as I can kick it over.

This is more of a down the road scenario when I chose to stop racing every weekend that perhaps it's something Char and I could enjoy together.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Nice ride Doug.

Enjoy. :cool:

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Ah, ok. I was a little worried that the air in Canada is getting to thin and you're running a little lean :) I'm sort of in the same boat, except, I already did the street bike thing and once the novelty wore off for my wife, it was yet another activity that I cared more about than her. I am now tasked to find a boat (cheap), as my daughter is into show skiing and my wife thinks she is 21 again and wants to ski again too.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Yup, that's about it...I barefooted on Monday for the 1st time ever (off a boom)...I felt like I was 21...best part...Hunter couldn't get it, but I did....ahh, it's good to show a 13 yr old who is really king :)

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Well after almost 2 months the Maxim has served it's purpose, I've poured on the miles and Char is really enjoying riding 2 up so it was time to start shopping. Put the Maxim up for sale and sold it for $1300 and replaced it with my new ride! A showroom condition 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500 :aj:

nomad.JPG

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
We are planning to try some longer range touring next summer. A trip to the West coast of Canada is a certainty so we can visit family. Other than that I'm not sure what's in the cards, I'll likely intrude on Dave and Trudy at some point and get Dave out on some of the beautiful twisties in Wisconsin.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Nice ride Doug. :cool: Congrats.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
That bikes got class .... :cool:

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
Be careful with the rage touring. That sounds dangerous :)

Nice bike. Looks like the wife will be a lot more comfortable. Pretty soon you will be stepping up to a Goldwing!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Sweet :cool: Hope you guys enjoy it. You probably don't have too much time left before the snows roll in do you? Get some miles on it before winter!

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
MXSparx said:
Sweet :cool: Hope you guys enjoy it. You probably don't have too much time left before the snows roll in do you? Get some miles on it before winter!

We've had a brutal September, hoping October turns around and we get a repeat of last fall.

We did a 260 mile loop today, pretty brisk at times it was 40 degree's with a brisk wind when we set out and it likely didn't get more than a degree or two warmer at best. This beast cruises like a dream. Looking at a different 250 mile loop for Tomorrow.

Top Bottom