saddletramp

Oct 6, 2006
My top end re-build is complete now I am ready to dive into jetting. What are you using for jets in the Seattle area? I have a 00 kdx 200 I plan on mixing 40-1 yamalube. Uni air filter, snorkel out, 4- 5/8 holes drilled in air box lid. Exhaust, and everything else is stock. I mostly trail ride in the capitol forest, I dont think the elevation is much over 1,000'. Thanks.

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
Currently 42pj and 152mj, 1173 needle, air screw set day to day. Definetly not too lean, runs better than the 45/155 setup I used to run. 45/155 would probably be a good place for you to start.

Again, your setup will vary, since you are on a stock pipe and reeds. My bike had the pipe when I bought it. I am sure someone else will chime in.

My setup:
2000 KDX 200
FMF Desert and TCII
Boysen power reeds
FRP torque spacer
Modded airbox lid, no-toil filter
40:1 Amsoil Interceptor

PNW weather, 0-5000ft

saddletramp

Oct 6, 2006
Thanks for the help. I am considering buying a frp torque spacer when I order my jets, doesnt that throw the alignment off on the pipe bracket bolts?

saddletramp

Oct 6, 2006
Yeah I did the run in this weekend, but have not had a chance to ride yet. I mixed 2 gallons at 32-1 and after that is used up I will switch to 40-1 and try jetting for that mix. I checked my compression after 2-heat cycles and 1- 15 minute ride under load and it was 100# how long does it usually take for the rings to seat on a wiseco piston?

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
Hmm, not really sure how long it will take it to seat. I would do some loaded runs with engine braking as soon as possible (after it is warmed up of course).

What did your cylinder look like?

saddletramp

Oct 6, 2006
Yeah, O.K. I just kind of putted around dragging the breaks for 15 mins. cylinder was good kawi tech said no plating needed ran a hone good to go. stock piston looked o.k. caked wit carbon, kips was gross. clean as a whistle now. :cool:

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
Yea, run it through a couple of gears then let the engine slow you down a few times. Trail riding is actually a great way to break in bikes because of the varying load. Constant low rpm an dload load is not good for break-in, gotta vary the RPMs and load.

Good luck!

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
The only way you can screw it up is to ride on the road at 2k for miles and miles, more a concern for road bikes and cars. The bike will feel great with a new top-end and a working KIPS! Just get the jetting dialed in and you will be good to go.

I just did the 25hr team race over in Goldendale last weekend, what a blast! I just need to get my KX front end dialed in for highspeed compression now. The rocky/silty sections killed me.

saddletramp

Oct 6, 2006
Right on, I seen something about that on T.T. We did flat track at the Puyallup fairgrounds, Mickey Fay is putting on a 10 race series in a indoor arena there, my kid loves it. No KDX's there though, I cant wait to get him a KX 65 I dont know who is more excitied him or me.

Top Bottom