B

biglou

Which screw? Float bowl? Airscrew? Need some more details here. Can you grab the head of it with some needle-nosed ViceGrips or is this a recessed-head screw? Also, if you have a digital camera and can take a picture, that would help out a bunch, too.

2001KX250

Jul 28, 2002
I WAS TRYING TO ADJUST THE JET NEEDLE AND I STRIPPED THE ALLEN HEAD SCREW ON THE PLATE THAT THE THROTTLE CABLE RUNS THROUGH

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Whoah! Calm down on the caps! K, you know the size of the allen head, trade that out for an appropriatly sized Torx head or square bit. That screw cant be in there too tight. If it is grab your size and run to Sears and get a screw remover. I have a full set and they are great! The set will run about $30.00 or so but talk about time savers! ;) After that hit the bolt bin at your local hardware store and match it up.

Happy Trails!
Phillip

Pantaz

Dec 13, 2001
If it's really stuck, check the yellow pages for machine shops. Some places specialize in broken bolt and tap removal. They use special machines to remove the bolt/screw without damaging the threads in the part.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom