150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
My dad and I are thinking of having my 85 mod stroked.
Those of you that had this done, who did you have it done by? who are the best people to have it stroked by? And do you think it was worth it?

Thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
He posted "Honda" but I wacked the post accidentally. Damn the notebook touchpad.

dpaxson

Sep 30, 2006
I might be making a complete fool of myself right here but how can you race a stroked 85 in the 85 class. Any increase in stroke is going to increase the displacement right? or is there some weird regulation that allows this?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
That is funny! I am assumed that he was going to race it,the thread got jacked into he was racing it! I am sure that he can race in any class he wants at the track he goes to,I forgot he stated in a thread before about illegally racing.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
dpaxson said:
I might be making a complete fool of myself right here but how can you race a stroked 85 in the 85 class. Any increase in stroke is going to increase the displacement right? or is there some weird regulation that allows this?

Stroke it/ put an 80 cylinder on it or sleeve it down. Its done on the RM's occasionally to keep it 85cc but have a different bore/stroke. Have not heard of anyone doing it on a Honda but i don't know everything.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Jasle said:
Stroke it/ put an 80 cylinder on it or sleeve it down. Its done on the RM's occasionally to keep it 85cc but have a different bore/stroke. Have not heard of anyone doing it on a Honda but i don't know everything.
This is the part I do not get. In most motor sport applications a longer stroke relates to more bottom and less top end. The norm,I thought was short stroke and revs to the moon. Now if you can have both! The super mini,legally can go to 105,that may change. If I wanted to detune a 2 stroke it would be a longer rod and less compression. Bore and stroke being square is not some mothers day miracle,it happens for a reason!

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
we run supermini's up to 112. not sure why but I'm pretty sure its dean at R&D doing most of the longer stroke/smaller bore stuff. he does some pretty fast motors. Tomac rides his stuff.

Top Bottom