Stuck in 1st for 1 mile

LittleE

Jan 9, 2006
I was riding yesterday...just gotten to about 18 miles when I slowed down to rest in first gear. When I started to pick up speed again, it would not shift into 2nd. I had only neutral and first gear for about a mile...then after repeated tries to get it to shift up it finally did. I road another twenty miles after this and never had another problem. The dealership said it probably just got jammed and as long as it didn't keep recurring it should be fine. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything on this. I was wondering what people thought on the subject, or if this had happened to anyone else. Thanks in advance.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
My bike started to have up-shift problems from 3rd up to 4th. I later discovered that my shift lever was in the process of breaking. It started as a spreading crack when it was under the pressure of up-shifting. I replaced it with an aftermarket version and now everything is fine. One other thing.....I discovered that my shifting would be generally smoother and less notchy if I ran a full synthetic oil in the tranny. That also made a noticeable difference.

KDXMAC

Sep 13, 2004

yeah....what he said :laugh:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…